greg_r

User guide to the A7750 movement.

black263

Hello and welcome. Nice to meet you, whoever you are.

Sir.Kim90

This was very helpfull! Thanks again!

Cameltotem

Hey! I received my Navtimer 01 and I managed to change the date but I can't get it to change the time.

Should the crown be in or out?

What way should i swirl it?

How fast should i swirl it?

Would love an answer!

Thank you.

black263

Hey! I received my Navtimer 01 and I managed to change the date but I can't get it to change the time.

Would love an answer!

Thank you.

This isn't the correct place to ask a question like this. If you want answers, it would be better asked in General Discussion, rather than adding to a Review thread.

Cameltotem

Would love an answer!

Thank you.

This isn't the correct place to ask a question like this. If you want answers, it would be better asked in General Discussion, rather than adding to a Review thread.

Okey sorry mate.

However I solved it, there was apparently two positions on the crown. :giggle:

Godfathar

Thank you so much for all the info.. Really precious information to know

srossi

has anyone got a review for the new a7750 variants?? still the same advantages and disadvantages?

is the a7751 movement (with moonphase and 24h) just the a7750 with an additional set of complications?

hkbob

Same rules apply to a7751, I suppose.

Anyone aware of additional rules for a7751 ?

JSJ

has anyone got a review for the new a7750 variants?? still the same advantages and disadvantages?

is the a7751 movement (with moonphase and 24h) just the a7750 with an additional set of complications?

Adding complications to a 7750 makes it more, err, complicated so it will just add to the opportunity to break.

Hoppo51
Yes, the crown. After winding that much you shouldn't have to shake it to get it going.

If it still doesn't hold a charge for long, I think it's an easy fix. (Someone else will have to help with that, though. :P)

No problem. Thank you.

Just did it. lets hope it works.

If it's stopping after only a few hours (during the night) even if you're winding if 30-40 times before going to bed, or if you notice it's running approx 5 mins fast OR slow per day, there's a possibility the movement could be magnetised. Traditionally watches become magnetised if worn through the metal detectors at airports, or if kept overnight/long periods of time on or near electronic devices such as laptops, iPads, mobile phones or even magnetic underlays on your bed. Try to avoid those kinds of situations as watches that become magnetised (especially automatic but Quartz can be effected equally) can start to not hold power, lose or gain minutes/day or worst case, seize the mainspring altogether.

Take your watch to either a watchmaker or a decent jeweller that will have a de-magnetising machine and see if they can remove the additional current.

Good luck!

elfdutch

great thread.

A question :

I bought a KW pam 312 in the M2M section. It's running very bad. Shaking the watch doesn't help much. It will run for max 3 hours and then stops, when on the wrist.

Haven't tried handwinding it yet since i don't know how to do it. Do i just turn the crown upward/downward? Some tips would be very welcome.

Rotor spins without problems but i feel as if it is not winding the watch. As soon as i take the watch off my wrist it stops ticking within the hour.

It's a seconds @9 watch.

Hoping for some good tips.

Thanks in advance.

black263

great thread.

A question :

I bought a KW pam 312 in the M2M section. It's running very bad. Shaking the watch doesn't help much. It will run for max 3 hours and then stops, when on the wrist.

Haven't tried handwinding it yet since i don't know how to do it. Do i just turn the crown upward/downward? Some tips would be very welcome.

Rotor spins without problems but i feel as if it is not winding the watch. As soon as i take the watch off my wrist it stops ticking within the hour.

It's a seconds @9 watch.

Thanks in advance.

You'll get much better response if you post this question in the discussion thread.

elfdutch

great thread.

A question :

It's a seconds @9 watch.

Thanks in advance.

You'll get much better response if you post this question in the discussion thread.

ok, will do.

thermalboyz

Thanks for this info.

I assume part 1 is not relevant to ETA 7750. (Correct me if i am wrong)

Part 2,3,4 applied to all (A7750 & ETA 7750).

greg_r

Yes, part one is also relevant to the ETA version

thermalboyz

@greg_r

Even ETA gear like chocolate too? What a surprise to hear that ETA have almost same quality as Asian. Have anyone have come across any issue with ETA so far?

greg_r

It's got nothing to do with 'gears like chocolate', it's due to the high gearing involved, which makes it easy to strip the gears if you're rough with it. It's inherent in the design.

The ETA 7750 isn't quite as fragile as the Asian clone, but it's still not the most robust movement in the world and needs treating with care.

And yes, for what little it's worth, the only 7750 I've yet had a problem with has been an ETA in my gen Longines. Go figure.

thermalboyz

thx for your details. appreciate it.

kingofwatches

thank a lot for the info,

so i was was under impression that 7750 is the best movement for replicas with chronograph,

is there a better mechanism ?

JSJ
thank a lot for the info,

so i was was under impression that 7750 is the best movement for replicas with chronograph,

is there a better mechanism ?

It's the only mechanical movement for most rep chronographs. There are manual Sea-Gull ST19 watches too.

hkbob

The Seagull ST19 movement (hand wind chronograph) is supposedly very, very robust - much more so than a7750 (and perhaps ETA 7750 as well).

I myself just bought a ST19-based watch recently (the bottom one)

It comes in a few different flavors. One of them has a real moonphase.

If you don't mind the hand winding, it's also got a great looking movement from the back.

Radio04.jpg

7107-LS2.jpg

PP034b1.jpg

aandringa

i bought 2 months ago a AP Royal Oak Offshore 2014 Gray Theme Gray Leather JF A7750.

Now i have some problems with the movement

-Works only when you winding the watch manually, and when you turn on the second pointer it will stop in minutes.

-Winding the watch automatic with movements is not possible, its stops within couple of minutes

- Sometimes when the clock is running well , then if you don;t wear the watch it will stop in only half an hour.

Are these problems recognizable for you and how can i solve this , please help me out ?

JSJ

i bought 2 months ago a AP Royal Oak Offshore 2014 Gray Theme Gray Leather JF A7750.

Now i have some problems with the movement

-Works only when you winding the watch manually, and when you turn on the second pointer it will stop in minutes.

-Winding the watch automatic with movements is not possible, its stops within couple of minutes

- Sometimes when the clock is running well , then if you don;t wear the watch it will stop in only half an hour.

Are these problems recognizable for you and how can i solve this , please help me out ?

Yes, these are recognisable, unfortunately.

You have an issue with the autowind mechanism and maybe other issues too. I'm not very familiar with the APs. Are the running seconds at 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock or 9 o'clock?

aandringa

Seconds at 12 o"clock with this one

JSJ

So it has a transfer arrangement because the native 7750 has secs@9 as I'm sure you know. This is a complicated fix which you can't really hope to sort out yourself.

Whereabouts are you?