greg_r

User guide to the A7750 movement.

onionbag

Thanks Chris, so is this slippage due to the tolerance between the cannon pinion and the broached hole in the seconds hand?

10:10 Watch Repair

Thanks Chris, so is this slippage due to the tolerance between the cannon pinion and the broached hole in the seconds hand?

The hand may not be tight enough on it's pinion and / or it may slip on it's tube (a seconds hand is two pieces staked together.)

JoePeace

Wow, a lot to read about 7750 good n bad .

am just about to order this one http://www.timeshops.net/10652-hb2310-big-bang-king-power-f1-black-dial-ss-ru-asia-7750.html

And am not sure if I should, I kind of a heavy user , would wear it day and night, like to hav my watch on my wrist:) would it last ? I mean if I have a bad movement with my wrist it could broke? How durable these are for over 300$? Any opinions appreciated As being a noob. Thx

onionbag

My oldest one is 4 years old, worn a couple of times a week.........so far no problems. :)

JoePeace

Thanks oni, so I should be able to manage:D your four years old must be very advanced! Well I like this model too much , I have to give it a shot:) make sure I don't press the buttons on it:D

is any more opinion about that model I linked above? Is it worry so that the sec is @3? Would you buy this watch? I know I sound kinda ... But good to hear opinions! Cheers

onionbag

I don't know if the seconds at 3 orientation requires a modification, so maybe someone else can clarify.

If it is modified I'd be wary of it.

As it's a Hublot..........................I'd be wary of it. :D

lildaddym

I screwed up my new-to-me Concord C1 by pressing the reset while the chrono was running... :( Didn't see this post first! Should I attempt to fix it myself?

mikesbig

Really helpful post. Good stuff to know

clockwerk

thanks for this.. was very helpful...

stupid qusestion with changing the date tho... you mentioned . Don’t set the date between 7 pm and 2 am

are we looking at the hour hand or minute hand or both??

quaresma7

very interesting thread

trailboss99

thanks for this.. was very helpful...

stupid qusestion with changing the date tho... you mentioned . Don’t set the date between 7 pm and 2 am

are we looking at the hour hand or minute hand or both??

Hour hand mate. I set mine to around 6.30 to set the date.

dfwuwei

Very helpful information. Thanks guys!

Pmat

So, does this movement have any positives.....apart from the price?

nimbo

what do you think?

Pmat

what do you think?

Is that a trick question?

Let me ask a question. Why are there so many arrogant, unhelpful tossers into fake watches?

Edited by Pmat

wizzzard

Thanks to the OP...just bought a 7750 and this thread helps explain some of the noises I'm hearing...I didn't realise it would stop after a short time. Have tried the gentlest of winds and will see how it fares going forward.

Will try and take some pics over the weekend and post for review.

Mgtf1

My second hand has stopped and the button at 2 o'clock feels different. Any ideas anyone ?

hdman820

Good insight in how to set the date. Never new the gears could get ruined when left between 10 - 2

MD2020

lildaddym

I screwed up my new-to-me Concord C1 by pressing the reset while the chrono was running... Didn't see this post first! Should I attempt to fix it myself?

Its not possible to screw up the movt by pressing the button at 4 when the chrono is running, It doesnt do anything while the chrono is running. You can press it all day long and it will do nothing, the only time the reset button does anything is when you stop the chrono and then press it, (it resets then) your movt has somthing else wrong with it.

Pmat

Ive serviced atleast 30 of these movts this year alone and its a great movt after being serviced. The key with these movts is getting it serviced. After that you have a great work horse movt that will last years without problems.

Edited by MD2020

lildaddym

MD2020-I sent you a PM...I think you're right, though...I had talked to someone else about this, and they said, "Hello, I understand the issue. It is very common. Actually what usually causes it is a lack of proper lubrication at the heart-shaped chrono cam. Simply reinstalling the part without remedying the lubrication issue can lead to the same result shortly thereafter."

MD2020

Yep thats the exact problem, when you have a movt thats not lubercated(sometimes no lub at all) the movt will not preform well at all.

lildaddym

It seems to keep good time, and has a LONG reserve...the buttons did feel stiff initially...

salokiN
lildaddym I screwed up my new-to-me Concord C1 by pressing the reset while the chrono was running... Didn't see this post first! Should I attempt to fix it myself? Its not possible to screw up the movt by pressing the button at 4 when the chrono is running, It doesnt do anything while the chrono is running. You can press it all day long and it will do nothing, the only time the reset button does anything is when you stop the chrono and then press it, (it resets then) your movt has somthing else wrong with it. Pmat So, does this movement have any positives.....apart from the price? Ive serviced atleast 30 of these movts this year alone and its a great movt after being serviced. The key with these movts is getting it serviced. After that you have a great work horse movt that will last years without problems.

Hey MD2020, whereabouts are you located?

I just received my first rep with the A7750 and i'm keen to get it looked at and probably serviced before i really play around with it.

I'm located in Singapore and i'm not sure if there are any watchmakers here that wouldn't frown on a rep, so... yeah. :/ pretty much sums up my predicament.

MD2020

Im in chicago, theres a buch of watchmakers close to u, I think Spinmaster is in Singapore and theres a few in Europe which might be closer but i have worked and am working with a few members from your area right now. Ive got about 6 watches Rep and gen from Bangalter whos in singapore right now. So in the end its up to u who you want to use. Im more active on the other Rwg so i dont have much credit here. lol

Jasonbaylee

Kudos to All who shared your spectrums of knowledge here! :))

Thank you jeffw69 for giving me this thread!