Sign in to follow this  
ronin007

UPDATE GOOD READ -Gen Rolex 16613-Been in a accident last year-Pics

Wacker23
that shouldnt cost you more than 1700-1900 dollars to fix. scumbags. 200 for the insert 150-200 for the crown 250-300 for the crystal, 400-500 for the dial and hands, 300 for a tune-up thru riki on rolex forums or a reliable person here and if the bracelet is messed up 150-200 thru micheal young on rolex forums.i think for 6000 pounds you can buy a mint condtion tt ceramic sub from capetown watches. if thats the case sell this one and use it for the new one.

http://www.capetownstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DB&Product_Code=CT25214&Category_Code=Rolex-N-SUB

You forget the labor rate at $1000 an hour.

Oh my god i hope your kidding thats nuts

SSTEEL

The clasp you posted photos of where you polished the scratches out of, its a different clasp to the damaged one.

Ouch on the horse btw.

No i posted them pics of the clasp :D Im repairing that clasp on that GMT Master for the member who had it break on him. I posted the pics in this thread by accident.

Ah, so its you confusing me lol

James.

They should have at least offered to take you out for dinner before trying to fuck you.

Olly

The clasp you posted photos of where you polished the scratches out of, its a different clasp to the damaged one.

Ouch on the horse btw.

No i posted them pics of the clasp :D Im repairing that clasp on that GMT Master for the member who had it break on him. I posted the pics in this thread by accident.

Ah, so its you confusing me lol

Yeh :)

Realism

They should have at least offered to take you out for dinner before trying to fuck you.

that will cost an extra $100

ics1821

Wow that stinks..

TimeExplorer

Ouch, my old lady does hunter/jumper, and the bill to fix her after a fall was much less than the bill to fix a Rolex.

ShovelnTC

Youch, was your wrist as badly damaged??

ronin007

Wrist was ok but disc between c2 and c3 shot at,severe concussion

ShovelnTC

Wrist was ok but disc between c2 and c3 shot at,severe concussion

Youch, Know about that as have damaged disc as well, had to change my lifestyle to suit.

ScotchSoda

Gorgeous watch! I'm sure somebody here could fix it up, with rep parts it wouldn't cost much at all surely! (blasphemy I know but it beats paying £6k)

ronin007

So after a while,rolex said it was a write off,met some great members who have helped specially one who will be revealed soon,watch has been totally restored with all gen parts including new bracelet,not a easy find,movement is now getting sorted hopefully,was seized up,couple of pics,i think its a great testament to this forum that members can see through a poor old broken watch and put the effort in,couple of picsIMAG0277_zpsa71c9e3b.jpg

IMG_3927_zps1c2bcdf4.jpg

IMAG0258_zps0b45cbd0.jpg

ronin007

Its had a New insert,dial,hands,crystal,retainer,crown,and bracelet,plus got a fixed up worn second bracelet as well,all parts have come from a good member on TRF in germany

DR3M3L

That looks sweet!!

KeNnY

that looks awesome my friend ! CONGRATULATIONS on that amazing restore ! any signs that it had some scars visible ? :lol:

ronin007

Nope looks brand new,its had a journey though,been to rolex,sat there for a while,lol ,then been across the big pond,came home ,movement is in usa at the minute getting serviced,Pbwatch is the man whom I'm in debt to,think he's a member on here but is more on rep geeks ,great guy

Stuvetjee

What a great restore mate!! Enjoy it! :)

Hazz

Looks fab, and well worth the wait to get it back up to that condition.

EmEye

Wow, now thats a Rollie

Ishmael

Balls mate that's fucking gorgeous! Congratulations.