Sign in to follow this  
JoeyB

The 'No Balls' Method for Lug Holes

JoeyB

If you are like me and look at your Roles with lug holes and would really like the look of the gen but don't have the stones to drill your watch, or there doesn't look like there's enough metal to open it from the 1.0mm to 1.3mm, there is an alternative. Clark Watch Parts has spring bars that are the Rolex style but smaller diameter. The pin size is .9mm which fits the 1.0mm holes perfectly, and the bar itself is 1,7mm so you won't have to open up the bracelet to 1.9mm for the gen bars.

Yes, it does look smaller, .2mm, but the only ones who know what size it's supposed to be are us. Even the AD doesn't know.

Anyway, it's a thought.

holes2.jpg

KBH

And I was expecting you to show us how to drill the holes with a portable 3/8" drill or something.

JoeyB
And I was expecting you to show us how to drill the holes with a portable 3/8" drill or something.

Oh, man that'd be worse! I just about got the shakes using the drill press to open the 6542 to 1.3mm. Only needed 3 drill bits for 4 holes...

RolexAddict

Stainless steel looks like soft... it's a soft metal and very hard at the same time, I experienced with gunsmithing.

For he 316 grade Rolex rep cases, as JoeyB said, lugs holes are drilled 1mm out of the box. Personally I make a first drill at 1,2mm, then 1,3. Never 1,3 direct.

Also rep bracelets end links need to bee opened. its a lot of work to make a rep looking like a gen...

Edited by RolexAddict

pollux1

Nice work Joey, looks good to me.

JoeyB

That's just it, there is no work. they just pop right in. It's my kind of 'mod'!!

dingle

That's just it, there is no work. they just pop right in. It's my kind of 'mod'!!

+1

:itchyandscratchy:

pollux1

My kinda mod too, ffs I could ruin a watch trying to change the springbars. :itchyandscratchy: