Sign in to follow this  
opus9

Gen strap and buckle for a Pam worth the money?

opus9

So I am going to buy kuvarsits 388 radiomir. Now the reports I have read say this rep is so good,that I ask myself, is it worth buying a gen strap and the lovely gen adjustable buckle? I don't know the price of the gen stuff ,however I suspect it will be very high indeed. So the real question is, are the rep suppliers yet able to supply a very high standard adjustable buckle with a good quality gen croc strap yet? And if such a thing does exist,who has a great product?

Your thoughts,ideas and feedback as usual,very welcome.

Regards Opus.

greg_r

Don't bother with the gen deployant - it's bleeding expensive and the rep version is very good.

Rep straps have gotten better, but personally I'd go for a third-party hand-made strap from someone like Dan Migliore - very nice quality without paying ridiculous Panerai prices.

Wriggles

Don't have one yet, but from some posters the KW reps seem to come with slightly better than average straps. I'd hang on until you get it and see.

I think you can pick up the gen straps at least for a bit less than the price of a rep watch, though the buckles may be expensive

opus9

Don't bother with the gen deployant - it's bleeding expensive and the rep version is very good.

Rep straps have gotten better, but personally I'd go for a third-party hand-made strap from someone like Dan Migliore - very nice quality without paying ridiculous Panerai prices.

So who supplies the deployment type, all dealers and / or strap makers have some?

Higs

My view.....

Gen straps are great and really do add something to the watch.

Rep straps from rep makers vary from awful to 'not bad, but a long way from great'

Custom/after-market straps fall into two camps:

• those who make wonderful, creative straps that will change and enhance the look of your watch e.g. Serge, (Dan) Migliore, Ach
  • those who make 'gen-like' straps that are styled like and equivalent in quality to gen e.g. Jacob or peter.watchacc

There is some cross-over between these - I'm sure Serge, Dan and Ach all have the skills to make a high quality copy gen (Dan's AP straps being an example) but, for me at least, what they bring to the party is their creativity.

Wriggles

^^^^^This. Very well put Higs

opus9

Thanks for your input guys, so to get a good deployment buckle would be first. Do all our trusted dealers

have access to them?

opus9

Just also noticed at 1500 posts I think you go from advanced poster to senior poster.....hmm let's see.

LightGeek

Try the rep strap first, it's pretty good. Worst case buy a lightly used gen. New ones are not worth the cost.

cuddilyteddy

Thanks for your input guys, so to get a good deployment buckle would be first. Do all our trusted dealers

have access to them?

Yeah, MarvRep had sent me one on the rubber straps they come with for thirty I believe.

ShadyManc

PAM OEM straps? Depends which you buy. The OEM calfskin straps can be bettered by many third party strap makers for at least 50% less, the OEM ASSO straps are brilliant, as are the alligator straps, particularly the JV.

Lots of places online to by OEM straps, new or lightly used. Avoid eBay unless you know how to spot a rep strap.