Sign in to follow this  
kloshar

Rolex style watches

kloshar

Does anyone have any original "Rolex-style" watch like Invicta, Debaufre, Steinhart ... The watches look very beautiful on the pictures. How is the quality of these watches? Which brands are the best?

regards!

3290083181_f42a45ee83.jpg

snv30475nb0.jpg

3290919236_280e74a912.jpg

Steinhart3013.jpg

trailboss99

Some are very nice indeed.

At least you get Swiss QC and a gen ETA.

Col.

AllergyDoc

I have a very nice Invicta 9937 w/coin-edge bezel. It's a nice watch, but it says "Invicta" on it, not Rolex. Kind of bugs me. If you don't mind, they're great watches.

kloshar
I have a very nice Invicta 9937 w/coin-edge bezel. It's a nice watch, but it says "Invicta" on it, not Rolex. Kind of bugs me. If you don't mind, they're great watches.

Hehe, why is it a bug if it doesn't say Rolex? ;) Don't you ever feel a bit embarrassed that you wear a "Rolex" that is actually not a Rolex? :D

Someone once said to me: Fake watches are for fake people. :D

No offence mate, plz. :thumbsup:

midasmook

Hehe, why is it a bug if it doesn't say Rolex? ;) Don't you ever feel a bit embarrassed that you wear a "Rolex" that is actually not a Rolex? :D

I have a Steinhart Nav B uhr and I love it. I also have plenty of Fake watches as you put it, so I must be a Fake person.

Slagging off people for wearing fake watches on a fake watch forum isn't likely to get you much help. If we are fake people why are you here.

matrixLe

check out marcello c. or detomaso. good quality and good prices

s2.jpg

kloshar

Hehe, why is it a bug if it doesn't say Rolex? ;) Don't you ever feel a bit embarrassed that you wear a "Rolex" that is actually not a Rolex? ;)

I have a Steinhart Nav B uhr and I love it. I also have plenty of Fake watches as you put it, so I must be a Fake person.

Slagging off people for wearing fake watches on a fake watch forum isn't likely to get you much help. If we are fake people why are you here.

I don't slagg off anyone ... I'm just curious. :D

Why would a person wear a fake watch if he can get a very similar, but original watch? :D To fool someone? To fool yourself?? ;)

AllergyDoc

Ah, the old "why do you buy fake watches" question. :thumbsup:

You're on the wrong forum.

pollux1

A homage is simply a fake of the gen too, imho at least I tell ppl it's a copy, I admire em for what they are, works of the forger's art :thumbsup:

gowings23

Pollux is right. I actually have 3 Invicta's, and they are very nice watches. Good movements, reliable, etc etc. I've had people actually ask me if my black one is a Rolex, because it resembles it from a distance. I actually prefer the reps over the gen Invicta's. IMHO, most high quality reps are actually better made time pieces than a gen Invicta. If people ask me if my watch is "fake", I say no, because it's on my wrist, but it is a rep. If someone tries to pass off a rep as a gen, then I think that is where the issue lies.

matrixLe
IMHO, most high quality reps are actually better made time pieces than a gen Invicta

thats so right .. @mr. grow

kloshar
If people ask me if my watch is "fake", I say no, because it's on my wrist, but it is a rep.

Again, I don't want to insult anyone ... I'm a faker, too. :)

About the term "replica". Isn't that word faux? As far as I know the replica means renewed model, a model, that has been very popular in history but they started to build and sell it again. Am I right??

AllergyDoc

It means replicated or reproduced: copied.

Baldrick

Methinks someone is trying to pull everybody's plonker, I smell rattus norvegicus. :lol:

greg_r

Smells of troll to me...

Brightlight

A troll from 'Slovena', so can't be bothered to try too hard :)

kloshar

In Slovenia, we do not have 30+ years old people wearing fake watches and representing them as original. How stupid can that be?

fake-watches-psa-jbw007sq.jpg

I am done with it!

KinCaidk

In Slovenia, we do not have 30+ years old people wearing fake watches and representing them as original. How stupid can that be?

I am done with it!

I think you're on the wrong board, Klosh..

greg_r

troll.jpg

Admittedly he's not a very good troll, but even so...

Baldrick

We were done with you, long before you us B)

Never knew anyone from 'Slovena' that called people 'mate' and can't spell his country's name properly, fake education methinks. :)

Luthier
A troll from 'Slovena', so can't be bothered to try too hard :rofl:

I am done with it!

In Slovenia 30+ y/old people have nothing.

Baldrick

asshat.jpg

greg_r

B's point bears re-iterating...

jesus-asshat.jpg

Member X

There's a much better version of that image with a ruder word on it :rofl: LoL

I think the point is, Kloshar, if you're still here, that we are not representing them as 'real'.

If asked, most of us will either state that they are replicas or give an answer that someone who is into watches will understand as indicating they are not the real deal - but without specifically stating it's a replica. (It's more fun that way ;))

I think it is you that is attaching a set of values to a watch - you are assuming that a watch, such as a Rolex, is only worn by those with money / good taste / values that you can identify with and therefore 'allow' you to be friends with him/her. It is you who feels cheated when you have assumed the person has these values/money, only to discover that they haven't.

I assert that any true watch enthusiast who enjoys watches for the design aspect (rather than being sucked into the label/branding on it and the 'mystique'/'implied values' that the label/branding has worked hard to promote) should appreciate a replica for the maker's skills that have been put into creating a good facsimile of a watch that, in all likelyhood, they have never actually seen or held in real life.