Sign in to follow this  
lumbee

Benrus Type I/II

lumbee

Who has an unnatural love for these fantastic watches and thier homages? I have such a condition and have decided to openly admit it. I own two gen. Type I models, two DSN Type I homages, and have just bought a Kronos Type II homage. I don't wear anything else anymore. I fell in love with these watches in the 70s, dabbled with Rolex and a few others over the years, but have returned to my first watch love. If you have one (or more) post your pics.

dsnmine2_zpsa2270ab1.jpg

dsnmine1_zps6a387639.jpg

Dave

mellons

How does the dsn offering compare to kronos?

lumbee

The DSN is much more gen-like with the acrylic crystal, one piece case (remove menevent through front) and bi-directional bezel. Also, with the DSN, all case parts will fit gen case except the bezel (and some people have told me they've made it fit). The Kronos is more water resistant, but the DSN can be made as good as gen WR with a gen crystal ring, crystal O-ring and crystal. The DSN is the exact dimensions of the gen (not certain about the Kronos yet). The Kronos is easier to work on due to the removeable caseback, but if you know what you're doing a front opener is not a problem to work on.

All in all, I like the DSN better, but will probassbly wear the gens or the Kronos more.

Dave

vito1

Who has an unnatural love for these fantastic watches and thier homages? I have such a condition and have decided to openly admit it. I own two gen. Type I models, two DSN Type I homages, and have just bought a Kronos Type II homage. I don't wear anything else anymore. I fell in love with these watches in the 70s, dabbled with Rolex and a few others over the years, but have returned to my first watch love. If you have one (or more) post your pics.

dsnmine2_zpsa2270ab1.jpg

dsnmine1_zps6a387639.jpg

Dave

Go gen! They do not makem 'em anymore!

lumbee

The fact that they don't make them anymore is why the homage versions are so great. I have 2 gens and I don't wear them except rarely. The possibility of damage, loss, etc. is too great to risk. The DSN and DRudy versions are practically identical to gen and in some ways are even better. I am wearing a DSN right now that in the last 4 days has varied only 4 seconds from real time (4 seconds behind Naval Observatory time). The gens couldn't come close to this accuracy and the DSN case is actually better built. So, wear homages or wear gen. Either way you are wearing one of the classiest, coolest, baddest watches ever made.

Dave

mellons

Where are parts available to improve dsn wr?

n of 1

Can't say I have you same commitment but I've always liked the style. Add to that the light and easy wearing case, with no nonsense legible dial and you've got a great watch. Here's mine, a MKII "blackwater". (after looking I don't have any pics available, I'll try and remember to take so later)