Sign in to follow this  
akousticplyr

I'm the New Old Guy (or is it the old New Guy?)

akousticplyr

It's not the years. Its the mileage.

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG.

akousticplyr

Cheers guys. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm about to burn that bridge with an absolutely cherry newb question. Flame away, I don't mind. Its a sign of love, right?

Anyone NOT recommend a rep with an Asia Valjoux 7750? I've got my eye on one and didn't want the first plunge to be a negative experience. Number 2 has a Swiss 2824-2 and is quickly moving into the top slot. Unless I buy both. Oh jeez....I didn't say that.

greg_r

I'm about to burn that bridge with an absolutely cherry newb question. Flame away, I don't mind. Its a sign of love, right?

Anyone NOT recommend a rep with an Asia Valjoux 7750? I've got my eye on one and didn't want the first plunge to be a negative experience. Number 2 has a Swiss 2824-2 and is quickly moving into the top slot. Unless I buy both. Oh jeez....I didn't say that.

hmm - let's say that I wouldn't use a 7750 as my daily beater - even the gen Swiss movement can be fragile (as I know to my cost - I have a gen Longines off being fixed under warranty).

If it was me, I'd be inclined to favour the Swiss 2824 (or Asian clone thereof) as they tend to be a bit more consistent for daily use...

akousticplyr

hmm - let's say that I wouldn't use a 7750 as my daily beater - even the gen Swiss movement can be fragile (as I know to my cost - I have a gen Longines off being fixed under warranty).

If it was me, I'd be inclined to favour the Swiss 2824 (or Asian clone thereof) as they tend to be a bit more consistent for daily use...

Thank you!

nunu78

Welcome my friend, as the great G already spoken go for the non chrono for the daily beater , as they can be water proofed easily then chronograph but if you still love the chrono as i do then just dont play with them often and you will be good.

akousticplyr
Welcome my friend, as the great G already spoken go for the non chrono for the daily beater , as they can be water proofed easily then chronograph but if you still love the chrono as i do then just dont play with them often and you will be good.

Makes sense. Thanks!

akousticplyr

You guys have been so responsive. I really appreciate it. Very cool forum. One more dumb question- who's been your favorite / most reliable trusted dealer? Who would you recommend I pop my rep cherry with? :)

alw

^ Trusty Time / Andrew. Thoroughly professional service.

akousticplyr
^ Trusty Time / Andrew. Thoroughly professional service.

What's that line? "Great minds think alike. And fools seldom differ." Was just browsing Andrew's selection. Thank you for the vote of confidence!

akousticplyr

And here we go. Just pulled the trigger on a PO limited edition. I'll let you guys know how the process goes. Next up- waiting for QC pics.