Sign in to follow this  
mellons

obris morgan explorer strap options

mellons

i thought it would be interesting to see what other strap options there are out there for the obris morgan explorer. Here are a few combos I tried myself to kick off. If you have others please post!

from initial images it looked so well on the bracelet I thought it had been designed for it.

On receipt straight away I opted for the oem rubber, my default fav for a dive watch. The supplied rubber is no isofrane but it is the equal to similar offerings by helson/ armida imho

photo4_zps53c0dffc.jpg

photo3_zps0ed3e997.jpg

photo2_zpse4a80c35.jpg

I then tried it on a waterproof sharkie (budda jones strap modded by dow) with sewn-in pre-v sterile buckle. Very comfortable

ob2_zps1054d06c.jpg

ob3_zps6b348ebb.jpg

ob1_zps2c0190c2.jpg

ob4_zps1c954ed3.jpg

Then back to a natural rubber strap- a bonetto cinturini. Very comfortable and weighed in at only 113g

ombc1_zps7367932e.jpg

ombc2_zps01ab9316.jpg

ombc3_zps78c5acb5.jpg

finally i went back to the bracelet. Here it is sized for 7.5" wrist. The bracelet has chunky screw-pins and it brings the combined wright up towards 200g. Fit and finish is great, signed clasp etc. Quality on a par with strapcode etc. Looks super- a dress tool diver! All in an amazing offering for under $300- I keep comparing this to armida/ helson etc. Bezel action is similar to my old helson sharkmaster and dial/ hands look great. Accuracy is within + 10 secs per day.

omem1_zps8d225856.jpg

omem2_zpsa4e1ad74.jpg

omem3_zps47ac8169.jpg

omem4_zpsef09a1c1.jpg

markeym3

Some nice choices there ,, My concern before the watch arrived was going to be the strap/bracelet width , but the bracelet is so chunky and along with the design it doesn't look/feel that narrow..

Nice pic's

nev848

Mine on Hirsch Black leather.

f5d8034aae393eda948226028c33c59b_zps9db03f73.jpg

edwinowl

All look good but I like the bracelet and I never thought I'd say that as all my stuffs on leather or NATO. Anyone tried it on a NATO?

nev848

No not yet Buddy but may give it a go. Did you get one then?

edwinowl

No almost went for Baxters but got too much on, Athayas bronze build done now so gotta pay up lol. Really nice these though.

markeym3

Here is a shot on a black nato , the strap is 22mm so a little bunched up in the lugs , but it looks really nice ...very pleased with how it wears , a great watch ...

20131003_163610_zpsa1efd074.jpg

20131003_163602_zpsd35e35e9.jpg

edwinowl

Looks good on the NATO markey, nice one dude

baxter

agreed looks exceptional on the nato