greg_r

A Watch Glossary

greg_r
Good job Greg, your experience and knowledge regarding Watch is so interesting. And your way of posting is very concise and easy to understandable. Keep sharing with us your experiences with us.

Oh, you sneaky little bastard.

Spam link removed from your sig.

Welcome to the Gulag

dajudge.jpg

twall
Very good, clear and concise. Now all we need is an explanation of the acronyms and generic language used on these pages. Also, an explanation of the many different movements would be helpful. It is hard for us newbies to differentiate between all the Asian, Swiss, etc movements and how they relate to pricing and quality.

My thoughts exactly. I've found out some of them, (like WIS), but what/who this TTK everyone speaks of........

greg_r
Very good, clear and concise. Now all we need is an explanation of the acronyms and generic language used on these pages. Also, an explanation of the many different movements would be helpful. It is hard for us newbies to differentiate between all the Asian, Swiss, etc movements and how they relate to pricing and quality.

My thoughts exactly. I've found out some of them, (like WIS), but what/who this TTK everyone speaks of........

TTK was a dealer based in Thailand. No longer around. Added to the Glossary, though :)

There's a movement guide here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

Pohoho

Great work Greg!

I was wondering if there's a "Watch Repair for Dummies" book or something and Bingo!

Also, I also like to get knowledgeable on the basic make up of a movement, ie the major components and watch building.

With much appreciation.

twall

Another good one for the definitions:

Rehaut: actually, it's a rotating bezel (that usually has numbers on it). That's the most common use. But, it also means just a bezel. However, it can also be used to describe the stationary flange that looks like a spacer between the crystal and the dial, where, on Rolex subs (and nice reps), "ROLEXROLEXROLEX......" is engraved.

I see why you left it out. ;-)

Edited by twall

juanhines8

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience in watch. I want to know that I have a replica watch with rotating bezel but for a few days I see the hands move anti-clockwise and then clockwise again. So time is interrupted. Can it be repaired?

Thanks,

Edited by juanhines8

greg_r
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience in watch. I want to know that I have a replica watch with rotating bezel but for a few days I see the hands move anti-clockwise and then clockwise again. So time is interrupted. Can it be repaired?

Thanks,

Oh no you don't, you sneaky fucker. Thought I wouldn't spot the spam link in your sig did you? WRONG!

ban-hamster.jpg

I ask again - what it is about spammers and this thread? :lol:

jer2911tx

i'm a noob, and this definitely helped.

now we just need one with definitions of all of the slang and inside jokes!

greg_r
i'm a noob, and this definitely helped.

now we just need one with definitions of all of the slang and inside jokes!

LOL! I'm not gonna live long enough to explain all the inside jokes :thumbsup2:

admiralsas

Thanks for posting this and painstakingly putting it together. I'm sort of still new to all this and this is an amazingly informative resource. Cheers!!!

BigBuys

:D Excited to find this glossary!

I am always trying to build my vocabulary and now I have a go-to page. Very helpful. Thanks for your work.

louisxiang

I'm a sneaky fucker and think I can sneak a link to my lame scam rep site into my sig without anybody noticing....

FAIL

roflhamster.jpeg

ferreseft

thanks! this is a very helpful post.

broct

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Chavezzito

Why is this thread not a sticky on the newbie section?

:lolcina:

CaliWild

Very Useful Thank You :)

shpr543

Thanks for the post...still learning and gathering information.

onzenuub

Buy goats or for sale?

rixxter

Thanks, a great read

rhoffer

what is the meaning of BUMP?

JoelMarrs

Probably very difficult to find all the characterstics in a single watch..or is there any watch..i see Pam here..

jgoorn

Haha. I've solved it. I allow myself to get a fix. With cash only. A set limit. Only money I earn that I am able to set away. No withdrawals.

FuzzyCoyote

This is brilliant. As someone who is fairly new to this it is great to have all the terms explained in one place. Might be worth adding the location points on there as well from items in M2M sales, CONUS and things like that (only as I had to google them myself when they popped up a few times)

Great topic though :)