Sign in to follow this  
vilan

I am an "old timer" (excuse the pun) stopping by to say hello

Baldrick
. In fact Neil wanted to convey the impression he was a spy who had moved to Asia. I also recall when he got very ill.

:lol:

Spy…… .that's novel!

BTW… ..I spoke with 'Neil' earlier today…… ..he recalls you… ..a NYC lawyer…… but your handle wasn't 'vilan'… ..;)

vilan

Baldrick

Close-- a Philadelphia lawyer. If I used another name, I would be surprised, although I did for a time use the name "focusers" on some sites.

So, TTK was not a spy?

elp
1430037240_6e94fb40a2.jpg

Baldrick

Focusers, indeed with a predilection towards PP....non?

Spy....no.?...P.I. ...yes.

vilan

"Focusers, indeed with a predilection towards PP....non?" Help me out; I cannot translate this.

Baldrick

Sorry Jonathan, just saying you liked PPs ...no?

vilan

Oh, PP the watch? Yes indeed. In fact I bought a 39 mm gold PP with black hands from TTK, and few dozen from other dealers.

Kaiser

he knew :B):

Del

Hello and welcome (back) vilan! :thumbsup2:

Some extremely interesting history in this thread! :clap:

FCarvi

This is some interesting reading, thank you for sharing the history of this hobby

Chrisby

Welcome back Vilan! I have to hold my hands up here and say that I am guilty of not reading the original post on the history of this board. But I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and am off to do some more reading.

Thanks each of you that have contributed to this post, I have found it incredibly interesting.

Chris

solkryssare

Welcome back Vilan. I hope you like what we've done to the place and that you stick around. :)

myaz

I am a lawyer and represent some marketers of gen watches

Now that's a thought!! Certainly doesn't hurt to know as much as possible about reps.

Thanks for the history lessons.

Some reps have had substantial improvements during the short time I've been here. QC issues aside, looks like they're finally getting their act together for a few models. So much improvement that it might make more sense to just get a new rep, enjoy all the other peripheral improvements they have and hang on to the old ones for "historical" reasons, as I understand, reps started way earlier, heck, Breguet battled reps in the '30s.

Frankt8242

Wow!!...I thought I was an "old timer", having been around the various fora since '04....Compared to you guys, I'm just a puppy!!

Great read about some familiar names...Needs to be archived!!!

stolikat

Oh man I got a kick reading this. I only got on board at the first (blade) RWG so missed out on those early boards. Its funny though that TTK character is always present. :giggle: