Sign in to follow this  
jkirke

Hirsch Leonardo pictoral~

jkirke

It's not a lotta pics, but I thought I'd share a few that I took this afternoon and give some opinions.

First wanted to thank Egg McManos (link to his review with even more pics:http://www.repgeek.com/showpost.php?p=1198...mp;postcount=15) with the help locating a dealer for the strap, and KBH for some inspiration pics. I went through Kenny aka Freda Watch Straps over at WatchUSeek. Ordered on Saturday, arrived 2 days later. Within the package came: 2x 1.5mm Spring bars, Hirsch Mobile Leonardo Strap, tang buckle, and a spring bar tool.

1-7.jpg

After peeling into the package and removing everything, I set forth removing the bracelet from my 45.5 UPO, and installing the Hirsch strap. With the spring bar placement system (the little silicone insert) It was VERY easy to get the strap installed. It took a few tries to get the insert in the proper position, but once it was, it snapped into place without a hitch with no give or gap(like you get sometimes when installing a rep rubber into the UPO).

2-6.jpg

3-4.jpg

I chose the strap because I (like others here) really like the "flush" look you get with the UPO bracelet and properly matched rubber (I just can't stand the gap you get with some of the other straps). Being a strap lover, I wanted to get something new for it. I do pic searches hourly on gen sites of members wristchecks and photo posts of their POs, and a few weeks ago noticed a member there with a BEAUTIFUL strap combination on his SMP. After reading his post, I found my way to the Hirsch site and had the chance to see all of the different options for straps.

I did some research around the boards on RG and RWG and found a few members who had good and bad experiences with the Mobile Leonardo line. I thought, for $69, I'll take the chance and see if I like it. My luck has come through once again (knock on wood) and I'm in love. The only downside to the strap is that It's BLUE. I had originally ordered the BLACK, and am waiting to hear back from Kenny on getting it exchanged or ordering another and getting the Black this go around.

4-3.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

~to be honest with you, I don't mind the blue. It actually looks pretty good. If you're looking for a lighter (weight) option for the summer months, don't hesitate to go ahead and order one. You won't regret it.

Plus, I'm thinking of picking up a gen deployment clasp for it...give it that final touch of class!

BIG THANKS TO EGG MC MANOS and KBH FOR ALL THE HELP!! Be sure to read his stellar review. It gives a good look at the insert.

I had a spare minute and thought I'd share some new photos~

1-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-4.jpg

5-4.jpg

10.jpg

9-1.jpg

Edited by jkirke

Member X

The fit and finish on that looks great, definitely a worthwhile investment IMO :wave:

jkirke
The fit and finish on that looks great, definitely a worthwhile investment IMO :wave:

It's so worth it, I just got done placing another 2 orders with him!!

greg_r

Toying with the idea of putting a blue Hirsch strap on my incoming DDII...

GC

Very cool, and a great alternative to the SS bracelet or rubber.

gran

Great strap indeed but rubber is safer :)

jkirke
Great strap indeed but rubber is safer ;)

True words spoken right there....wearing a "rubber is safer" indeed. :boobies2:

Thanks for the comments guys.

@ greg_r--from looking at KBH's pics, I think it would be a sweet idea throwing one in a DDII. I say go for it!!!

KBH

Pictures?

DSCN4268.jpg

DSCN4185.jpg

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN4259.jpg

jkirke

new pics added

Goon

Looks great! Did you end up getting a deployant?