Sign in to follow this  
Jay123

Rolex datejust ii from andrew...

Jay123

I know the pictures arent the best, ive literally took my camera out of the case and took them, opinions?

dsc01147smallversion.jpg

dsc011399smallversion.jpg

Edited by Jay123

greg_r

DJ looks great. Congrats!

AustinTech

Good looking DJ! I like the two-tone on the oyster bracelet.

wencarnacion

Dont worry about the pics, the watch is excellent , Congrats!

k3rm87

Nice DJ mate.. TT looks good on that watch :giggle:

Ska

mate if you can do photos like that just out of the case, I can't wait to see some after you take some time!!

barkingtoad

What is Andrews site ??

I'm after SOH v2 black on rubber

Member X

Good luck getting a black SOH :)

I think they have been discontinued :) but I did read somewhere that they may become available again...

Member X
I know the pictures arent the best, ive literally took my camera out of the case and took them, opinions?

dsc01147smallversion.jpg

dsc011399smallversion.jpg

Ok, I don't like pointing out what I think might be flaws if they're minor, as I know they might spoil someone's enjoyment of a new watch :) but does anyone else think that the dial looks to be just very slightly rotated to the left? Like, perhaps, by 1 minute?

When you look at the location of the 30 and 60 they appear to not be central to the centre of the gold midlinks, and the date not being aligned in the window despite not being near 12 makes me wonder...

Sorry to point these things out :blush::)

gB.
Ok, I don't like pointing out what I think might be flaws if they're minor, as I know they might spoil someone's enjoyment of a new watch :) but does anyone else think that the dial looks to be just very slightly rotated to the left? Like, perhaps, by 1 minute?

When you look at the location of the 30 and 60 they appear to not be central to the centre of the gold midlinks, and the date not being aligned in the window despite not being near 12 makes me wonder...

Sorry to point these things out :blush::)

No, it's just the watch tilted in the pic...

Enjoy the TT Rollie!

Member X

I reckon you might be right!

AustinTech

Either way, it is an easy fix, right?

Jay123

No its ok. I understand no replica is perfect and you know what member X i think that in person, il get some more up soon. Another thing aswell, the date numbers could do with moving over abit to the right. I dont know if thats an easy fix, but i will put some more pictures up :)

Jay123

Ok heres one i found what i didnt upload, its slightly tilted but only slightly. I will upload more soon if people want me to... Does everything look ok guys?

1zdtd93.jpg

Member X

Endlinks look tight, finish on the bezel is sharp, cyclops seems to line up nicely with the crown...

I can't tell how the rehaut engraving lines up with the minute markers - allowing for the fact they might be slightly out due to the dial, is there one letter per minute marker? If there's not it's not a massive deal as they're so small you can't really see them on the wrist! ;)

I think it looks great, just that slightly rotated dial that would bug me lol

As AD says, you just need to get the movement and dial out of the case, then hopefully you can just rotate the dial against the movement so it lines up slightly better :) (It sounds easy but I think I'd let someone else do it if you've not done it before! lol)

re: the datefont, I'm not sure how accurate it is - I'm sure you can get accurate datewheel overlays though.

Jay123

In person it actually dont look rotated to the left. I just want feedback on the date font, and mag to see if its correct

Member X

If it doesn't notice in real life, don't worry about it :suicide::)

I'm no expert on cyclops magnification or datewheel fonts so I'll let someone better than me comment! :flash:

Jay123

No ones going to comment now are they :D haha

Member X

lol

Patience, young padawan :thumbsup: