Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

"I want to buy your watch but only have ...... in my Paypal account"

scorpion

Failing humiliation I unleash...

WTF!? Now I'm gonna have nightmares!

As do all who lowball me in my sales threads... Lets this be a warning

Shit and I was gonna offer you £30 for the Orange Monster as my PP account was a bit low - good job I paid the asking price

1 dollars.gif

Olly

Markrfc

Just been offered £650 for my Speedy does that count as low balling?

DG335

A polite refusal is all thats required

FUCK OFF!

STANDARD

Libertatia

You should just say "yeah ill take that as deposit and take it down for you, but you have to send me it all if you want me to send it"

H3X4GON

Yes!!!! Every time I post a sale, this always happens. It's been like this quite a few times already that I've been lowballed or had this exact thing happen to me, but when I tell the people I actually need the money and I can't budge, they suddenly accept it...

Markrfc

Dont get me wrong i like everyone like a bargain but fuck sake asking for £240 off thats a piss take.

narikaa

This thread should carry the sub title "The wankers lament"

These approaches are about as credible as Billy Bunter seeking an advance on his forthcoming postal order at the tuck shop

A pal of mine from way back when had a glorious way in selling scenarios, I remember his opening gambit once..... "before we start have you brought £125,000 with you in cash? if not what the fuck are you doing here wasting my time "

elp

This thread should carry the sub title "The wankers lament"

These approaches are about as credible as Billy Bunter seeking an advance on his forthcoming postal order at the tuck shop

A pal of mine from way back when had a glorious way in selling scenarios, I remember his opening gambit once..... "before we start have you brought £125,000 with you in cash? if not what the fuck are you doing here wasting my time "

What was he selling for 125k in cash?

:popcorn:

RussP

If your asking price is reasonable, then there's no need to negotiate.

If on the other hand, you believe that the counter-offer is reasonable too, then accept it.

I tend to politely decline if I'm confident that my asking price is reasonable.

Being polite tends to work in my opinion.

UmpaHimself

You can always try my "Lol, good joke bro."

gB.

Ain't no low-baller like a WUS low-baller

:AT:

cogwatch

I only have $1.57 in my couch cushions. Will that work for you?

Wait, I found another quarter under the seat in my car. So I'll cover the PayPal fee as well, that should more than cover it.

But seriously. I've made offers a few times when my research indicated it was reasonable or when I was buying 2 or 3 on one sale listing. I always do a lot of research before I go for an M2M buy (I'm talking looking at the watch on every TD's site including some RWI TD sites in 10 minutes or so) and if it looks reasonable, and it usually does, and you throw in the no customs risk if from CONUS to CONUS for example, which in itself has true value, the I just stick with the asking price.

JohnG

I don't lowball people but I could care less if they lowball me. If it happened all the time and I had to read tons of useless pm's I could see getting annoyed.... but gettting upset because there are a some really cheap people on th forum? Seems like you would be pissed off 24/7.

Chrisby

I don't lowball people but I could care less if they lowball me.  If it happened all the time and I had to read tons of useless pm's I could see getting annoyed.... but gettting upset because there are a some really cheap people on th forum?  Seems like you would be pissed off 24/7.

I'll give you $87 and a pack of peanuts for that noob Pam111.... :D

Rockzz22

I have no money in PayPal can I just have it for free lol!!!

Frankt8242

my credit card is prepaid :giggle:

In that case then ....It's a "debit card"...(which I actually invented back in the late '60's)

The bank I was working for had had a mass issue of cards to all of our customers..(legal back then!!), and we gave all of the members of our board of directors cards with the then "princely" credit limit of $1000....It was the maximum line our system could accept...(us ordinary mortals all got $400. credit limits!!)

One of the directors, ( A Textron big wig) approached me and asked me how he could use such a paltry amount during his upcoming European trip....After a little research, I discovered that the system could handle an overpayment in any amount with no problems, so I told him to make a $5000. payment on his account before his trip, and then he'd have a total of $6000. to play with on his trip...

He did, and it worked out fine...AFAIK, that was the first actual "Debit Card" ever used...

I never got anything for my bright idea except a pat on the back from the director when he got back home...

And we all know what has happened in the Debit card milleau!!! :giggle: :giggle:

Realism

jeffw sent me a watch for free

gB.

...and for free you mean for a rub-n-tug preceded by a tossed salad.

Realism

...and for free you mean for a rub-n-tug preceded by a tossed salad.

don't ask and don't tell

JohnG

I don't lowball people but I could care less if they lowball me. If it happened all the time and I had to read tons of useless pm's I could see getting annoyed.... but gettting upset because there are a some really cheap people on th forum? Seems like you would be pissed off 24/7.

throw in a blowjob and it's a deal.

Realism

negotiate with a handjob counter

Chrisby

I don't lowball people but I could care less if they lowball me.  If it happened all the time and I had to read tons of useless pm's I could see getting annoyed.... but gettting upset because there are a some really cheap people on th forum?  Seems like you would be pissed off 24/7.

Realism has a point, a hand job but I keep the peanuts :)

Realism

who eats the "load"?

elp

who eats the "load"?

when-you-swallow-a-hair.gif