Sign in to follow this  
twofake

General Seiko lume versus Swiss lume discussion

twofake

Do the Seiko fans out there agree that Seiko lume rocks!

How come all of my Seiko watches glow all through the night and my gen Tag sucks?

If Tritec Superluminova is on the best Swiss watches, what is Seiko using for their lume?

I have a gen IWC and that does have a beautiful lume but I am saying that Seiko Luke's are great at one twentieth of the cost.

scorpion

Its simple - Seiko lume comes from a factory located about 2 mile North of Fukushima. For the past 2.5 years their lume has been the brightest available in all of Japan or in fact worldwide. No one can work out why but a spokesman for Nuclear Operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) said its nothing to do with the little issue they are having with their power station.

gran
:giggle:

Khronos

:lmao:

greg_r

Seiko's lumibrite and the Super Luminova used by the Swiss manufacturers are essentially the same thing - both licensed from the Japanese manufacturer that developed it.

twofake
Seiko's lumibrite and the Super Luminova used by the Swiss manufacturers are essentially the same thing - both licensed from the Japanese manufacturer that developed it.

Wow Greg that is good to know.

Does anyone know if Luminrite is available for hobby lumers?

sci2

Its simple - Seiko lume comes from a factory located about 2 mile North of Fukushima. For the past 2.5 years their lume has been the brightest available in all of Japan or in fact worldwide. No one can work out why but a spokesman for Nuclear Operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) said its nothing to do with the little issue they are having with their power station.

Well played.

halcyon

Nemoto Industry makes and sells luminova. Their factory is not north of Fukushima but south of.

So, you can buy and use them in peace.

scorpion

Nemoto Industry makes and sells luminova. Their factory is not north of Fukushima but south of.

So, you can buy and use them in peace.

Well that depends on what way the wind blows! lets just say my new Orange monster glows like its radioactive :lol:

halcyon

Well that depends on what way the wind blows! lets just say my new Orange monster glows like its radioactive :lol:

Oh, I forgot the wind. :giggle:

Anyway, my Orange monster bright like radioactive too.

OM_zps17f64640.jpg

nev848

I have the best lume ever... It's commonly called a light switch :)