Sign in to follow this  
AS90

Parnis Sub

AS90

These are SO underrated! I have had lots of cheapo homage watches, and this is one of the best. These days I find wearing a nice homage more appealing than wearing a bad rep. For the price Parnis, Alpha etc, are great value.

This is a nice chunk of stainless steel, with its own unique features, sapphire crystal and good cyclops. Amazing value for around £70, even cheaper on m2m ;)

3A035963-D24B-4380-B3AB-79CE964A08DB-1496-00000376CD6638A1_zpsa66b1291.jpg

Fit and finish is good, it looks and feels quality. It even has good lume.

M.A.D

I saw someone wearing this the other day. Great looking watch!

greg_r

Still couldn't bring myself to wear ANYTHING with 'Parnis' written on it, sorry.

TheTinMan

Still couldn't bring myself to wear ANYTHING with 'Parnis' written on it, sorry.

I had two Parnis watches and sold them for that very reason. Imagine an old Asian man saying 'Can I see your Parnis' in a thick Asian accent and it changes the whole meaning.

greg_r

bizactly! :lol:

Cynikal.Mindset

c'mon guys, it must be pronounced "Parneeee"

but yea, it says Parnis...can't do it, give me a sterile sub over a Penis one

Rob Roy

Parnis watches are super for the money , Snobbery will get you nowhere lol

Still I do prefer the sterile versions.

Col

TheTinMan

Poor AS90, we just ruined the watch for him...

Jacksongo

I had two Parnis watches and sold them for that very reason. Imagine an old Asian man saying 'Can I see your Parnis' in a thick Asian accent and it changes the whole meaning.

I will show it him :giggle:

AS90
Poor AS90, we just ruined the watch for him...

Not at all. I am a grown up.

TheInthusiest

+100

vito1

Parnis watches are super for the money , Snobbery will get you nowhere lol

Still I do prefer the sterile versions.

Col

100% agree.

BenjaminButton

The irony is the only people who know that Parnis means made in China are people who wear reps, which are themselves pretend swiss watches that are .......oh yes made in China. One is simply honest and chinese the other all front. Funnily over all the years of wearing many various watches the only comment I have ever received was recently for my big black Parnis (christened such by another member) the guy that complimented it can well afford any high end timepiece and so the name parnis meant nothing to him he just said ' love your watch, was that a special gift to yourself'. Funny how we are confused by the smoke and mirrors of branding even when it's fake!

bogartrules
These are SO underrated! I have had lots of cheapo homage watches, and this is one of the best. These days I find wearing a nice homage more appealing than wearing a bad rep. For the price Parnis, Alpha etc, are great value.

This is a nice chunk of stainless steel, with its own unique features, sapphire crystal and good cyclops. Amazing value for around £70, even cheaper on m2m ;)

3A035963-D24B-4380-B3AB-79CE964A08DB-1496-00000376CD6638A1_zpsa66b1291.jpg

Fit and finish is good, it looks and feels quality. It even has good lume.

You know I've been seeing these parnis and the Military version and I'm actually going to buy one of each. I think they are a great watch value for the money as well. Cheers for your post merry Christmas.

bogartrules

Also sorry I did try and edit my post instead of posting again buy It kept giving me errors.

So here is the end of my thinking on the totality of this review and thought on this wonderful homage watch.

Also I tried reading the whole conversation but I keep getting stopped by TV stars avatar I read down to his post see the jumblies and lose all direction lol. It's as if my mind goes blank lolol. Poofage wow jump down another post or two pow another set.......... brains on valium again wow. Can't finish. Ah well.

CedricWX

And in the Gypsy parlance Parny means filthy weather or at best rain.

aldo_watch

I was wondering about a dial swap: does the rep dial fit on Parnis sub? I have a pieces of a broken sub, I may build one... :-) Wich movement has it?

AsianParts

The Parnis (Rolex style) I own (both 3 hands + date or 4 hands (GMT included) + date) are running a DG 2813 movement ... which externaly are looking like gen Rolex movements.

Atlanticblue

The branded dial parnis submariners have a miyota 8215, the sterile ones have a DG2813. I agree that they're under rated, I have a couple and they're surprisingly good quality.

2016-03-09%2014.14.21_zpsvhbx1ngk.jpg

20150406_115442_zpsdcpu4f9f.jpg

RepC

Have considered the sterile version of this.

Takken

They are great watches. I recommend them as well.

Waspy

I like these, they seem to be rare though. None on Amazon, one on eBay.

Any other sources?

k3rm87

Funny this just came up, I pulled the trigger on this same watch along with a pepsi GMT last week... both branded Parnis.

Got free EMS shipping from Ali, and QC pics also.. hoping it's as good as this one in the thread. I actually think it's very good looking as it's very clean with minimal text.. eventhough it says PARNIS!

Lol

Edited by k3rm87

Waspy

Funny this just came up, I pulled the trigger on this same watch along with a pepsi GMT last week... both branded Parnis.

Got free EMS shipping from Ali, and QC pics also.. hoping it's as good as this one in the thread. I actually think it's very good looking as it's very clean with minimal text.. eventhough it says PARNIS!

Lol

Sorry for noob question but what was your source? Who is Ali?

k3rm87

Aliexpress, just typed in Parnis GMT and found a seller with good feedback. There are a number of sellers on there with stock.