Sign in to follow this  
cruzn99

Hello new here, CA. U.S.A.

cruzn99

Looking for a rolex day date replica white gold plated good quality but cant find anyone, please help..!

cruzn99
Hello! :wave:

You can find the Trusted Dealers here--------> http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=67

DayDates are plentiful. Any of the dealers should be able to find the watch you seek.

Yeah i looked at them but there descriptions just say ss or nickel plated I allready got scamed once but glad I found this site. I guess you just have to e/mail the dealers and ask if they have day dates in plated white gold, was hoping someone new of a site to go to.

AllergyDoc

Claims of reps being plated with white gold are likely just rumors:

Rolex has a proprietary process to manufacture white gold and rose gold that will never change color. Most all white gold jewelry and watches are plated with rhodium except Rolex. White gold is achieved by mixing gold with nickel. Without the rhodium it will always have a yellow tint. The process Rolex invented is heavily guarded but produces white gold that is brighter than any other and will never fade. I have white gold jewelry that is turning yellow due to the rhodium wearing off.

With that said there is no such thing as white gold plating. It is chemically impossible unless you have the proprietary formula from Rolex. Seeing that Rhodium is the most expensive metal in the world, currently trading at around $6,000 per ounce, it is highly unlikely that a replica manufacturer is plating anything with rhodium.

See By-Tor's review here.

You'll have to settle for SS. The weight would be way off anyway. White gold is much heavier than SS.

Still, the SS models are nice and pretty well replicated.

cruzn99
Claims of reps being plated with white gold are likely just rumors:

Rolex has a proprietary process to manufacture white gold and rose gold that will never change color. Most all white gold jewelry and watches are plated with rhodium except Rolex. White gold is achieved by mixing gold with nickel. Without the rhodium it will always have a yellow tint. The process Rolex invented is heavily guarded but produces white gold that is brighter than any other and will never fade. I have white gold jewelry that is turning yellow due to the rhodium wearing off.

With that said there is no such thing as white gold plating. It is chemically impossible unless you have the proprietary formula from Rolex. Seeing that Rhodium is the most expensive metal in the world, currently trading at around $6,000 per ounce, it is highly unlikely that a replica manufacturer is plating anything with rhodium.

See By-Tor's review here.

You'll have to settle for SS. The weight would be way off anyway. White gold is much heavier than SS.

Still, the SS models are nice and pretty well replicated.

Thanks Doc good info.

gB.

Great review at that link, and what a beautiful watch. Anyone know what dealer/factory that rep model came from?

:wave::drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool::drool: :drool: :drool:

AllergyDoc

Any good dealer should be able to get that watch.

greg_r

What most people don't realise is that there are two entirely different meanings for the term 'white gold'. Nominally, white gold is an alloy of gold and a white-ish metal such as nickel. This alloy does not, however, have a 'white' or 'silvered' finish - it just looks like slightly paler regular gold. The alloy is produced in order to control the relative hardness or softness of the metal

The term 'white gold' is also used to refer to rhodium plated regular gold, which is what we would be referring to here when we talk about a white gold watch. For what it's worth, my wedding ring is 'white gold' and, given the amount of wear a ring gets, is starting to show the original gold colour through the plating on the inside. I'm going to have to get it replated at some point :wave:

The thing is that there's not really any such thing as white gold plating - you either get gold plating, or you'd get rhodium plating. Whilst in theory they could rhodium plate SS, it wouldn't look that different from the steel and would only serve to reduce durability

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :wacko:

cruzn99

Thanks everyone, I now have alot better understanding about the process of white gold and w/gold plating. Now it's just trying to find a good dealer that has a Day Date that has very good quality movement and Quality finish.

KBH

In a DD or DJ, the better quality reps are usually the Eta/Eta clone models rather than the 21j. Just ask Mary, Ruby, or your choice of dealer for the best quality with sapphire crystal and you'll do fine. They will both source them and send you pictures for your confirmation if you ask.

Ruby used to be the DJ queen as she specialized in finding almost any combination that was available. But, in reality all the dealers can source pretty much the same watches.

NSK

Welcome to the site! I've learnt alot from reading abt white gold and how expesive Rhodium is :lol: gd luck with yr search and keep us posted!

cruzn99

Thanks again everyone I will post again when I purchase and recieve the watch.

Luthier

Cruz, where are you in CA?

GC

hi & welcome

cruzn99

Cruz, where are you in CA?

San Jose, CA.