Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

PAM029 strap options

Khronos

I've decided to get myself another Panerai and it's 029's turn to make me happy for a couple of days :) I've noticed that Torobravo ( my TD of choice ) offers different straps to choose from and I'm not really sure which one to pick. I like rubber, but I think that a nice leather strap would suit this type of watch better. These are the options:

http://www.torobravos2013.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_68&product_id=77

There are no pics of different options on his site and I don't know what they look like and if they're any good. Rep PAM rubbers are quite decent, how are the ones made of leather? I'd really appreaciate if anyone could help me out with some pics or opinions. I'm particulary interested in brown croc type.

Cheers!

Khronos

That's a great thread, thank you! Haven't logged in RG for months now :)

p.s.: found an 186 yet?

EuskoGudari

Glad it helped! Pam029 is another one on top of my list.

Yes, I have found my 186. Is the one you have. Just send it over. :)

Higs

That's my thread on 'geek. I started it when I knew I had one inbound. Mine is now on a nice Asso. I really don't think they look good on rubber. The 029 is such a classy piece that I don't think *any* of the standard rep strap will do it justice. So.... get it on a strap you think you can use on another watch and start looking for something special for the 029.

Khronos

I know, and it's a great thread too, very informative. I also think that rubber is no good for the looks of 029, I'd just like to get it on the best strap possible and then get a nice one from Gunny or my new found strap maker Steve-O. Are these "croc" rep straps any good ( quality wise ) or crappy like rep leather Bert straps? Which one of these straps offered is the best choice? How about those Asso's Toro offers for 10 extra $ ? Dumb ass questions maybe, but I really haven't seen or handled any of these before and I know some of you have, so I thank you in advance for any useful tips :)

ShadyManc

I have my 029 on an Gold OEM JV, it looks great.

Higs

I know, and it's a great thread too, very informative. I also think that rubber is no good for the looks of 029, I'd just like to get it on the best strap possible and then get a nice one from Gunny or my new found strap maker Steve-O. Are these "croc" rep straps any good ( quality wise ) or crappy like rep leather Bert straps? Which one of these straps offered is the best choice? How about those Asso's Toro offers for 10 extra $ ? Dumb ass questions maybe, but I really haven't seen or handled any of these before and I know some of you have, so I thank you in advance for any useful tips :)

I don't know these particular 'croc' straps that Toro's selling with the 029 but I won't let that stop me voicing an opinion....

Either buy it on the rubber (if you can use it on another watch) or pay the extra $10 for the Asso - I think Toro's Asso is pretty good. I doubt the rep croc is good enough.

Khronos

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion and I think that's the best way to go.

neil

Kain heritage ?

2013-02-05_11-05-54_887.jpg

2013-02-05_11-06-11_723.jpg

Vbmrk

Why does EVERYONE'S strap look better then anything I have in my strap collection?!?!

Khronos

Sweet Mary mother of God, neil, what the fuck?!?! :) Which one is that exactly? Is it yours? How does it feel ( soft, stiff )? It fits this watch like ass on the bucket, perfect!! Got the 029 on the way and need to find it some new shoes :)

Edited by thrn

neil

Sweet Mary mother of God, neil, what the fuck?!?! :) Which one is that exactly? Is it yours? How does it feel ( soft, stiff )? It fits this watch like ass on the bucket, perfect!! Got the 029 on the way and need to find it some new shoes :)

:lol:

Desert Alligator, Xiran 24 x 24 fairly soft and still working it in, just gives the 029 a different look than the black or tan calf skins

2013-02-05_11-05-42_394.jpg

Khronos

It's fabulous, wow! Thanks for the information, can't wait for the 029 to arrive ( it's already in Spain, just waiting for Toro's guy to have mercy and ship it forward to me )!! I was planning to get a nubuck croc from Orloff for mine, but this one really puts it in a new perspective..Enjoy yours and wear it in good health!

Edited by thrn

Banner

I just got a 177

Seller made me a custom strap to fit. I needed a few more MMs to make it right as the standard 75x115 just barely fits

Once the new 24x24 and the new buckle I ordered from PanaTime came in, this transformed from a watch to a thing of beauty

Honestly, on the brand the band makes a heck of a lot difference. Drop the standard and get the custom, go with 5mm

Play it. You won't be sorry.

mcgrath

Do anyone of you have the PAM 029 in steel bracelet?

Pseudonym

2 words: Gunny Arillo.

You're welcome.

Rav747

029 is my fav watch. In fact, I wore it on my wedding day a year ago.

I had mine on an redish/brown ostrich strap.

15526013707_69793bc0b8_z.jpg

Ahew9391

Mine is currently on a chocolate ostrich leg, the 057 next to it is on gunny ;-)

You might remember them P. ;-)

870266b7cd10b566ba550dcc19b01925_zps2fe08027.jpg

eb19df4cc2321d908b954d83f5ea3c04_zps015611ab.jpg

Pseudonym

I do indeed remember them... Wonder if so can find the pics I took with the DSLR for the OP.

;)

How's the collection these days pal?

Ahew9391

Out of control is the best way to describe it pal !

The mrs is getting me a Rainer box for crimbo, so they'll be room for more soon.

I've been a member here for a year now so if I've got time this weekend I might start a thread with some proper pics of all of my little beauties I've accumulated since.

Pseudonym

There's also Bakeka. Very reasonable for gen Italian leather.

9c8e86a843333d9b7879fceebb40ffca.jpg

4bc310e991eedd6adbad34f65ce734f0.jpg

Thrasher

Anyone else got any Picture's of 029 leather????

digger2
1c22e6a7-a9c6-4a30-ac6d-a65698045e0c_zps7ea63c56.jpg

Pob
1c22e6a7-a9c6-4a30-ac6d-a65698045e0c_zps7ea63c56.jpg

I miss that watch :(

Looks great on that strap and is in good hands :)