Sign in to follow this  
jamesjt

To get IWC 3714 swiss movement or asian movement from PC?

jamesjt

Hi everyone. This is my first time for rep so i have totally no idea which would be better, swiss movement or asian movement? I will be buying from Perfect clones, RWG TD. The price for asian movement new improved A7750 is cost around $300 while the Swiss movement is around $800. That is a huge difference, so guys, I need advice from experienced members. Whether It is worth to get a swiss movement or just go for the asian movement. Will there be better quality from the swiss movement, and it will last longer compared to the asian movement? or it just not much of the difference from the both movements? Sorry, newbie here. :giggle:

higginsd

Buy the Asian 7750, use it for a while and then buy a ETA-7750 and switch the movements. The price for ETA-7750 is much below the 500$ difference - and you can be shure to have a real ETA...

greg_r

the Swiss movement is undoubtedly better. Parts are readily available and whilst still fragile, they're a helluva lot more reliable than the A7750.

Having said that, if I was going to spend $800 on a watch, I'd be buying a low-end gen, not a rep.

Duzza

Don't even contemplate buying the Swiss version for that money. There no saying you'll actually get a Swiss movement and little way of checking when you get it. The general consensus is that even if you do get Swiss it's probably a broken movement repaired with Asian parts.

Dr. Jimmy

The 3714 rep is notoriously unreliable, I wouldn't recommend it as a first rep. Do some reading on the various fora.

If you do buy it, go with the Asian clone.

jamesjt

Where can i get a ETA- Swiss Movement? Any reliable website? Btw what is a low end gen watch? I have no idea what is it? can briefly explain it? sorry for the lack of knowledge. Thank you guys for advice btw! much appreciated.

Wriggles

Where can i get a ETA- Swiss Movement? Any reliable website? Btw what is a low end gen watch? I have no idea what is it? can briefly explain it? sorry for the lack of knowledge. Thank you guys for advice btw! much appreciated.

Greg means rather than spend $800 on a rep, spend it on a low end genuine watch such as a nice Hamilton or something

jamesjt

oh thanks btw can anyone recommend TRUSTED site for getting a genuine eta swiss movement? or somewhere i can buy it at uk?

Hazz

TD's have to rely on what they are told by the factory,

buy Asian and if you want to swap movements, for whatever reason, cousinsuk

higginsd

oh thanks btw can anyone recommend TRUSTED site for getting a genuine eta swiss movement? or somewhere i can buy it at uk?

I only know a site in germany: http://www.uhren-roemer.de He's a good one.

NFleischer

Stop! Do not pass go. That watch, like the Daytona, has sec @6 configuration. A very problematic mov't because of the transfer gears

to send the power down to the 6 sub-dial. That is the problem, not the A7750 which is actually a good mov't. when running sec@ 9.

The problem WILL REMAIN even if you do spend the extra money for a Gen Valjoux mov't.