Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Omega PO 45mm Questions

themoo-12

Can someone tell me what are the known issues with the current version of this watch as far as accuracy goes? What makes the watch so hard to resize? Also, how heavy is the watch compared to a Rolex Sub? Thanks! :)

Luthier
Can someone tell me what are the known issues with the current version of this watch as far as accuracy goes? What makes the watch so hard to resize? Also, how heavy is the watch compared to a Rolex Sub? Thanks! :)

Accuracy could be adjusted, nobody resize the watch, and nobody compare PO with Sub.

It's absolutely different beasts.

themoo-12
Can someone tell me what are the known issues with the current version of this watch as far as accuracy goes? What makes the watch so hard to resize? Also, how heavy is the watch compared to a Rolex Sub? Thanks! :D

Accuracy could be adjusted, nobody resize the watch, and nobody compare PO with Sub.

It's absolutely different beasts.

By accuracy I meant markings close to gen, and the weight comparison I was just seeing how much heaver it is then the sub because I have one so its something to go off of :)

Luthier

Accuracy of good gen. is about 4-5 seconds a day, good replica with good adjustment will have same accuracy, especially if it equipped with good mov't.

Ofcourse, PO is heavier, than Sub, it's much bigger watch.

KBH

The UPO is a very good rep. Very close to gen. It's much heavier than the Sub but most of the difference is in the bracelet. Too me, besides being too big in general, it was uncomfortably heavy. Even the 42mm is rather heavy with the bracelet. I swapped mine out to rubber and then ended up liking a black leather strap even better.

KBH

There's currently a good post on RG about this with lots of comparison pictures.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=105530

om1.jpg

Picture "borrowed" from Bel's excellent post. Hope he doesn't mind.