Sign in to follow this  
Kcore

Cool tool for Dremel

Kcore

I know many members have nice, comfortable workshop spaces in their homes that allow for a good size work bench and power tools. Unfortunately, I'm not one of these luck ducks.

The space I have for now only allows for a small work table and I have to make the most of it. I'm actually doing my watch work in our family's play room on a folding wooden table with a work sapce of 24" X 24". I have a Dremel #395 Moto-tool and it's a wonderful multi-purpose tool. I've been using the Dremel for polishing with a flex shatf attachment. The results are very good but could be better for polishing large surfaces with a bech mount polisher/grinder. Recently I wanted to do a lug hole mod on a Rolex so it could use the fat 2mm spring bars. However, I was very hesitant to chance drilling by hand.

That's when I came across this very cool Dremel workstation pictured below. This tool is GREAT! It acts as a precision drill press that allows for angle drilling too. It has an onboard telescoping tower that you can hang the Dremel on and use a flex shaft attachment with ease. It also allows the tool to be rotated horizontally in the holder allowing the tool to be used as a grinder-polisher. It's light weight, stable and portable and when I'm done I just stow it in a closet. Best yet, it cost $45 USD!

I did the lug/spring bar mod this weekend using this workstation. Perfect results in no time at all and afterwards I did a bit of polishing. For anyone that has limited work space like me or anyone that just wants to add a great workstation to an already versatile Dremel tool that's inexpensive, this is the ticket!

41tPZ2HXOcL._SX385_.jpg

trailboss99

Neat little unit indeed, nice find.

Kcore

Congrats my friend. There's another variant of that tool which is more affordable, and more popular, its called the Accudrill.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item56598289cd

Thanks Mick!

That's a very interesting drill adapter but I would think that after attaching a 3/8" or 1/2" chuck drill to it it would reqire attaching with bolts to a work table to be stable as it would be top heavy. It doesn't look like the Accudrill can be rotated horizontallly either.

P4GTR

for dremel fans like myself that is a great idea, I just might pick one up for myself. Thanks K!

Kcore

for dremel fans like myself that is a great idea, I just might pick one up for myself. Thanks K!

My pleasure Dan.

It comes with an onboard tool caddy as pictured. Less tool of course ;) I picked it up at my local Lowes.

LightGeek

Ohhhhhhhh I never thought it could be a polisher in that configuration. I'll have to look into DIY a jig (save some $$ for watches!)

Kcore

LG, here's a pic with the tool ( cordless model Dremel) in the 90 degree horizontal polishing.

1016002721_51.jpg

SSTEEL

Congrats my friend. There's another variant of that tool which is more affordable, and more popular, its called the Accudrill.

Thanks Mick!

That's a very interesting drill adapter but I would think that after attaching a 3/8" or 1/2" chuck drill to it it would reqire attaching with bolts to a work table to be stable as it would be top heavy. It doesn't look like the Accudrill can be rotated horizontallly either.

Your right, yours is much more configurable.

Ohhhhhhhh I never thought it could be a polisher in that configuration. I'll have to look into DIY a jig (save some $$ for watches!)

I have a flexi-shaft on my rotary tool, and I attach the flex-shaft end in my mini bench vise for various tasks.

dalboy

Thanks Mick!

Your right, yours is much more configurable.

I have a flexi-shaft on my rotary tool, and I attach the flex-shaft end in my mini bench vise for various tasks.

Flexi shaft ehh !! :Whistle:

Bragging again Mick. :lol:

SSTEEL

:P

Kcore

:P

:ttiwwop:

:lmao:

SSTEEL

You want a photo of me polishing my knob?

Dr. Jimmy

You want a photo of me polishing my knob?

You mean like this?

hqdefault.jpg

seclark007

^^^^^fucking brilliant :rofl:

SSTEEL

Thats me Jimmy :P

Kcore

Thats me Jimmy :P

Where's your tool?

:lmao:

Sbtrktime

Haha funny that you post this, i was just about to purchase one!

Rockzz22

Great tool

solkryssare

Perfect!

Odyseus

Is this Dremel stand any good ?? A lot of reviews say it's made of too much plastic and doesn't hold the drill very securely and wobbles when drilling?? I wonder if anyone had personal experience of using it???

Kcore

I own it, have been using it on a regular basis. I find it to work perfectly. I just drilled out the lugs on a watch case and performance was spot on. I've used it extensively for polishing, and metal shaping work too. IMO, great tool!

The way this tool was designed to hold the actual rotary tool, I can't see how anyone could be experiencing any wobble. You unscrew the rotary tool's nose cap, and the tool is securely screwed into the base. Are there plastic parts? Yes there are. But none IMO that could effect performance or operation. Like I said, I just drilled out a stainless steel case. If you've done that you know it requires strength and accuracy.

End of the day, for $45 USD, you're not getting a drill press that you can use gorilla pressure on. You need to be realistic about a tools limits.

Hope this is helpful.

Odyseus

Many thanks Kcore, that's really useful feedback!! I'll probably get a Dremel 3000 toolkit (with flexible attachment ) plus the drill stand and vice ;)

Kcore
Many thanks Kcore, that's really useful feedback!! I'll probably get a Dremel 3000 toolkit (with flexible attachment ) plus the drill stand and vice ;)

My pleasure to assist. The base/stand is made to work properly with specific Dremel tool models. Make sure the model rotary tool you have or want to buy works with it. Perhaps problems that a few reviewers reported were because they weren't using a supported tool?

As a suggestion, go to Dremel's website. You can look at or download user manuals. The stand works great with the flex shaft. I was looking for a telescopic stand for my Dremel and the cost for just the stand was about same price for as this base unit. It's very versatile. I use it as a portable unit and use "C" clamps to secure it to my table.

Good luck and let us know how it works.

Thang

Very cool tool. Thanks for sharing