Sign in to follow this  
Rockrover

Torn...504 or 505 O series?

Rockrover

Well after living with a 111 and a 187 in my rep family I've decided to have another child..er...Pam!

Having been off thePam train for a while I popes back in to take a quick "look". Well subconsciously knowing I wouldn't leave without a lighter wallet, I started gravitating towards the ceramics and DLCs. Wow! Compared to standard PVD coatings, these "new" reps. are outstanding.

I tried, with no luck, sourcing a 292N V2 (with the more correct dial)...all you guys snapped them up and stock is a looooong TBD.

Then I started liking the DLC KW 504 and 505s, but can't make up my freaking mind! I have a 8" wrist, but in my advanced age of 48 :) I really lean on the date window to know what the date is...however the clean simple lines of the 504 coupled with the 47mm diameter have me torn. Any advice? Yea yea, I should just buy both!

Bkuntz80

Tough one. Even though the 504 would fit you well on your 8" wrist I think you should go for the 505. That's my next watch and I hear nothing but good reviews on it.

Rockrover

Ale said the 505 wears like a 42mm due to the color. That got me thinking the 47mm would wear like a 45mm. I'm wearing my 111 today to get a feel...42mm on my wrist looks small since my go to watches are 45+mm now. I can't believe my first gen was a 38mm Omega SMP!

Both are fine examples. And the DLC finish and dial on both are top shelf. Can't go wrong with either. But now that I'm looking at my 111 I think the 47mm 504 will add more contrast to my collection.

Funny how I always answer my own questions!

BTW, how is the DLC holding up? Seems pretty bomb proof.

Edited by Rockrover

LightGeek

Want date window? Go 505. Done.

Banner

Is this a true DLC? I noticed the bronzo models had some .05mm to simulate

cogwatch

The KW 505 is awesome. You can't go wrong with that one.

ALE7575

It is a true and very good DLC, coating a previously beadblasted SS surface, to get a finish, touch and appearance exactly to Composite

No worries about this matter

This coating is awesome

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

cadiken

It is a true and very good DLC, coating a previously beadblasted SS surface, to get a finish, touch and appearance exactly to Composite

No worries about this matter

This coating is awesome

ALE

+1

The DLC coating on the KW 504 is superb to say the least. 505 should be the same.

Rockrover

My 504 is in route as we speak! I'll post some wristies when it come in.