Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Why is there no real solution for the sec @ 6 issue on a Daytona?

themoo-12

I would think there would be a fix for this (say an asian clone of a movement for a sec @6) is there anything in the works that the fine people on this forum have heard of? :lol:

GC

"Why is there no real solution for the sec @ 6 issue on a Daytona?"...

because it's faster & cheaper to add to an already existing movt (i.e. A7750) than to engineer a new one that can only be used for one model(i.e. the Daytona).

themoo-12

because it's faster & cheaper to add to an already existing movt (i.e. A7750) than to engineer a new one that can only be used for one model(i.e. the Daytona).

Project I have...engineer I must...into exile I must go :lol:

trailboss99

Because the factories don't care, we still buy 'em don't we?

Col.

themoo-12

I am seriously thinking about doing something with the movement modify the plate or something. My pops is an engineer so maybe he will have an idea

OHMYGODITSAPANERAI

Graphite treatment. I have had 3 movements serviced with graphite treatment and have a 100% success rate.

No issues at all with any of the three after nearly 18 months.

themoo-12
Graphite treatment. I have had 3 movements serviced with graphite treatment and have a 100% success rate.

how often do you wear them? Oh and who did the servicing :lol:

greg_r

FWIW the latest 'Tonas appear to be more reliable. It's not clear why, but there definitely appears to be fewer problems.

OHMYGODITSAPANERAI

All three of them live on winders and I wear them regularly. All three were serviced by a local watchmaker. 2 of the 3 are the newer Daytona's that Greg speaks of.

And all three were serviced upon receipt, so I do not know what the failure rate would have been naturally.

Edited by OHMYGODITSAPANERAI

GC

Here is a link to Francisco's review of the latest "lightened gears" version aka 29J A7750 sec@6. It might explain why they have been less problematic. The one I got from Robert is running smooth & strong, but I also knock on wood :lol:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...ment-35287.html

themoo-12

Well now I will either bite the bullet and get one or save up forever and buy a gen (considering it will probably outlast me)

GC
Well now I will either bite the bullet and get one or save up forever and buy a gen (considering it will probably outlast me)

Here is the link to Robert's Daytonas...for the crazy low price, even if you eventually have to service the movt in the future, it's still a bargain.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=5162

btw: I don't know if Robert's sale deals have expired or not but it's worth asking.

Silverspeed

I have 2 Daytona's [email protected] older version (about 3 years old) it has been serviced

graphite treated and still at times it stops...a gentle shake will get it started again.

Graphite treatment must be applied very carefully or it will cause even more friction.

The other one I have is just a few weeks old and probably has the slightly "updated"

movement with the holes in the gear....this one runs very smooth has never stopped

and has a 40h power reserve.

graman

how often do you wear them? Oh and who did the servicing :D

Go the graphite treatment....talk to Col

If you must insist on owning such a godawful, horrible watch, with a face like a smacked arse.

;)

greg_r
I have 2 Daytona's [email protected] older version (about 3 years old) it has been serviced

graphite treated and still at times it stops...a gentle shake will get it started again.

Graphite treatment must be applied very carefully or it will cause even more friction.

The other one I have is just a few weeks old and probably has the slightly "updated"

movement with the holes in the gear....this one runs very smooth has never stopped

Good to hear, Silver. I'm getting ever more tempted to buy a RG tona like yours - even if it is too damn small :D

graman

Good to hear, Silver. I'm getting ever more tempted to buy a RG tona like yours - even if it is too damn small :D

*looking for some soap to wash out Greg's mouth*

greg_r
:D

dingle

Project I have...engineer I must...into exile I must go :yoda:

millionaire you will be....:yoda:

*looking for some soap to wash out Greg's mouth*

;)

AustinTech

how often do you wear them? Oh and who did the servicing :D

Go the graphite treatment....talk to Col

If you must insist on owning such a godawful, horrible watch, with a face like a smacked arse.

:yoda:

;)

Agreed!

prestigewatchco

My watch guy seems to fix all these Daytona that we have a problem with in 5 mins don't know exactly what he does but it's only minor I think because it costs around $10

Francesco does great work but there isn't a tutorial of his that doesn't involve major surgery and a lathe as I see it. In the real world they repair them in minutes not hours and with basic tools

AllergyDoc

Add to what Robert said, RA says the problem isn't the gear-train modification. It's some other crappy part of the watch lazily made for maximum profit.

My Josh-repaired Tona is beginning to stop and the power reserve has shortened.. Sure would like to know what Robert's watch guy does to fix it so quickly.

themoo-12

Sooo much information!

themoo-12

Alright I'm gonna stick my neck out and order one!