Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

New week wrist-check w/c 28th June 2010

JoeyB

I forgot to do the wash and went 'commando' today, so the 'Stealthy' watch was an obvious choice!

stealthy.jpg

ebzen02
I think it's your eyes that are ragged Gramps, probably from staring at your old 386 vga monitor, is that why you often feel the need to use large TEXT ;)

I don't think so baldy, it looks pretty ragged. But hey, it's your watch and you like it. :)

I noticed the same thing (the 2's look crummy) and my eyes aren't nearly as old...Now this will hunt you until you end up selling the thing...HAHAHAHA

Baldrick

Nope. just scoped it. it's defo your eyes or monitors, t'aint nothing ragged 'bout them :D

JoeyB
I think it's your eyes that are ragged Gramps, probably from staring at your old 386 vga monitor, is that why you often feel the need to use large TEXT :D

I don't think so baldy, it looks pretty ragged. But hey, it's your watch and you like it. :D

I noticed the same thing (the 2's look crummy) and my eyes aren't nearly as old...Now this will hunt you until you end up selling the thing...HAHAHAHA

Well, I'm 20-10 right eye, 20-15 left and have an LG Flatron 20" monitor that's fairly new. Do the numbers look ragged to anyone else?

AllergyDoc

Joey's right again Baldy :D

The bottoms of the "22", "2", "6", and "16" are thinner than the bottom of the other #'s, the ones that have bottoms. The bottom of the "2" is def. thinner than the "2" on the "12". I'm looking at my rep and it doesn't have those flaws.

4734019137_782be3722f_b.jpg

Maybe you need to upgrade to a new model, Baldy.

greg_r
Well, I.m 20-10 right eye, 20-15 left and have an LG Flattron 20" monitor that's fairly new. Do the numbers look ragged to anyone else?

yup. 'fraid so. It's a great photo, though.

KBH
Well, I.m 20-10 right eye, 20-15 left and have an LG Flattron 20" monitor that's fairly new. Do the numbers look ragged to anyone else?

Sorry Baldy. That's one ugly bezel insert, the more I look at it. Most of the horizontal lines are so much thinner. Maybe Mary can get you a new one too. :D

Baldrick

Yeah, well you girls needn't get your fanny hair all puckered up between your lips, it may look like that to you on a 50x lifesize 20" monitor, but on my wrist and it is on MY wrist it looks just fine and at the price I paid for it, it'll stay on my wrist, but thanks for fretting for me. :)

Besides which, if you want to sit with your thumb up yer ass being all anal about it, every one of you missed the obvious fault!

NFleischer

DSC00285.jpg

I've gotten back to this now that those big gold Swatch things are so popular.

JoeyB
Yeah, well you girls needn't get your fanny hair all puckered up between your lips, it may look like that to you on a 50x lifesize 20" monitor, but on my wrist and it is on MY wrist it looks just fine and at the price I paid for it, it'll stay on my wrist, but thanks for fretting for me. B)

There was no fretting for you, and none of us got "puckered" at all, just you. No one made you an offer, so I'd think it's a good thing it will stay on your wrist...and not mine. I sincerely hope your wrist doesn't turn green. I really mean that. Honest. :)

Besides which, if you want to sit with your thumb up yer ass being all anal about it, every one of you missed the obvious fault!

I doubt anyone missed the numerous faults, but you've been here long enough now to know that we don't rip someone else''s watch unless they ask for a critique, and certainly not in the weekly wrist-check thread, as you did.

Some advice, if you're so intent on doing a 'mine is better than yours' thread at least pick some part of your watch that isn't ragged. :rolleyes:

Baldrick

Now you're just pissed off Joey 'cos I wouldn't offer you your coveted GMT's :)

It wasn't up for offer, and my comment was only about the whiteness of the numbers, I learned a long time ago Joey Boy that there is no such thing as a perfect rep, only degrees of attractiveness, I'll overlook the 'ragged' edges in favour of whiter numbers.

once again thank you for your input, it's valued, if not by me, surely by someone. B)

AustinTech

You Rolex homos have suffeciently gayed up the wrist check with your 222 talk.

tsssssssssssssk

ebzen02

That's why I will be wearing this tomorrow.

eDSC0738-1.jpg

nakortheblue

Pepsi on Mon

8abda80c.jpg

Coke on Tue

8b6d43db.jpg

JoeyB
Now you're just pissed off Joey 'cos I wouldn't offer you your coveted GMT's :)

It wasn't up for offer, and my comment was only about the whiteness of the numbers, I learned a long time ago Joey Boy that there is no such thing as a perfect rep, only degrees of attractiveness, I'll overlook the 'ragged' edges in favour of whiter numbers.

once again thank you for your input, it's valued, if not by me, surely by someone. :rolleyes:

:rofl:I'm pissed off?? Nope, why would I be pissed off? My wrist isn't turning green. I bought the good GMT. :rofl: :rofl:

Your memory is like your eyesight, your comment wasn't about the whiteness of the numbers.

On the GMT front, I prefer mine with the deeper white numbers B)

But it's nice to see you finally admit it's ragged.:cry: The truth will set you free!

Baldrick

If it makes you happy Joey, have at it...:)

ebzen02

A bit indecisive.. Thinking of this today..

_DSC0110NEF.jpg

GC

Tues...

Picture189.jpg

greg_r
Rolex_ddII_ss-blue.JPG

KBH

Greg, you're surely turning into a Rolex guy................

Today is Omega day for me. It's been a while for this one.

DSCN3983.jpg

greg_r

KBH: I started out a Rolex guy, so why not? :lol:

KBH
KBH: I started out a Rolex guy, so why not? :lol:

So you're just coming back to your roots.

Or maybe back to your senses? That DD must feel light on your wrist.

greg_r

Yeah, it does feel rather lightweight by comparison with the DSSD, SOH and PAMs for sure... I like it though - the DD has always been a favourite and the 41mm version just feels 'right' to me.

barkingtoad

Still not taken it off 3 weeks now

fbee3d4f.jpg

Silverspeed

Damn what a lot of Rollies this week....since when did that happen

IMG_4503kopie.png

IMG_4627kopie.png