Sign in to follow this  
OGM

The quest for a realistic Seamaster 2531.80.00

OGM

Hi friends!

I joind this forum because I had a quest. Infact I really like th Omega Seamaster pre co-axiale. White marker and prited logo instead of metal marker and logo, very original in my own taste (new metal marker looks more to Rolex marker to my personal taste)

Like every good old quest, I started to learn about the subject before and collected on the web every replica picture necessary and draw with "paint" on the pics what the watch should have and don't have ( I don't know if I can poste these because these pics come from site and I see some kind of copyright... lol funny to say that on a replica forum lol).

Any way my list was: - no distorsion in the crystal ; -no "one piece" link who joint the case ; -good looking pearl ; -nice wave on dial ; 28 800 bph movement and of course the old 2531.80.00 dial look!

Before to go farther, I want to mention that every seller I contacted from the trusted list was very professionnal, friendly and fast to reply.

I found my Grail at Silix-Prime web store and communication was also a pleasure like what I had with other seller contacted.

Ok now the fun part, picture of the actual watch I will receive!

Nice Dial and wave

omes014-6.jpg

Good hight

omes014-5.jpg

For this one "Good hight" I post one of the famous drawed pics I told to explain because it may be not clear. Note : You can also see that the link to the case is "one piece" on the watch at the left.

omegabezelbracelethigh.jpg

Nice pearl

omes014-4.jpg

No "one piece" link to the case, but like the original a 5 pieces link

omes014-2.jpg

And finaly, no distorsion on the glass (sapphir by the way)

omes014-1.jpg

The movement is an Swiss ETA with 28 800 bph.

That's it for the moment, the watch should reach my house in 10 days :lol:

So this thread is to be continued with the real impression!

KBH

I guess sometimes being "picky" does work. I hope you aren't disappointed.

Can't wait to see some pictures when you watch arrives.

dingle
:D

warcelo

Did it arrive? I´m really curious about it! Loking for a good one too! Please feedback! =D

turnipz

Whered you get it from?

Luthier

No offence, but on 2nd picture there's a lot of dirt between bezel and end link, and even next link looks kind of... rusty?

warcelo

I noticed that too... But i guess he got this wacth from someone just to take pic and compare.

I´m in contact with Mary, she will look for the best 300m pro rep for me. I will let you know when i get the pics!

OGM

Hi everybody!

Sorry for the long delay... I don't have a lot time anymore... not like I when I discovered RWG lol...

Few answers:

Yes I received the watch and yes it was really dirty... I had to cleaned it all... especilally the wave on backcover with a toothpic...

Esthetically (for the look), it's very close to the real.

But mechanically it's not like the real thing. The crown is loose when unscrewed and the bezel pop off very easily... but at least it will be easier to pop off when I will re-glue the blue insert to have the pearl in right angle. The lume is very bad too (I think I will try to relum it).

For the look I said maybe 9/10. Appart for the lume, the position of the pearl (that's look nice by the way) almost nobody would be able to say it's fake...

For mechanical aspect... 4.5/10. Playing with 2 min and you know that tolerences are really not like the real...

Cleanliness... 2/10 bad...

After reading an other post here on RWG I come to agree that a real used "inexpensive" luxury watch (like this Omega) would worth it's price considering it turns around 1000$ on ebay (so 4-5 time the price of the replica). For other brands, like Panerai, it's something else, but that's just my 2 cents...

Edit : I forgot something... I want to compare apple with apple : I don't think I had a better rep any where else (maybe for the cleanliness yes...) you can see with my research that glass, links and pearl are esthetically close to the real.

And the seller was very nice and polite.

I'll try to put pics this w-e!

See you!

Edited by OGM

speedzmaster

He valve is placed incorrectly.

Oh, mega FAIL.

Mary's is correct.

turnipz

Hmm, his looks fine to me. Whats wrong about it?

speedzmaster

Slow you are. B)

TAGster
Hi everybody!

Sorry for the long delay... I don't have a lot time anymore... not like I when I discovered RWG lol...

Few answers:

Yes I received the watch and yes it was really dirty... I had to cleaned it all... especilally the wave on backcover with a toothpic...

Esthetically (for the look), it's very close to the real.

But mechanically it's not like the real thing. The crown is loose when unscrewed and the bezel pop off very easily... but at least it will be easier to pop off when I will re-glue the blue insert to have the pearl in right angle. The lume is very bad too (I think I will try to relum it).

For the look I said maybe 9/10. Appart for the lume, the position of the pearl (that's look nice by the way) almost nobody would be able to say it's fake...

For mechanical aspect... 4.5/10. Playing with 2 min and you know that tolerences are really not like the real...

Cleanliness... 2/10 bad...

After reading an other post here on RWG I come to agree that a real used "inexpensive" luxury watch (like this Omega) would worth it's price considering it turns around 1000$ on ebay (so 4-5 time the price of the replica). For other brands, like Panerai, it's something else, but that's just my 2 cents...

Edit : I forgot something... I want to compare apple with apple : I don't think I had a better rep any where else (maybe for the cleanliness yes...) you can see with my research that glass, links and pearl are esthetically close to the real.

And the seller was very nice and polite.

I'll try to put pics this w-e!

See you!

With all due respect to your thread and to your effort on the quest for a near perfect rep finding, I think, by your description, the watch you received has just too many flaws. Assuming you paid the $225 usd for the watch (as per the dealer website), I would say it is not acceptable to get so many issues with the watch, mainly the mechanical ones. I would bet the movement is not a Swiss ETA.

Just my two cents and MHO.

Cheers mate!

turnipz

Slow you are. :yoda:

You mean the helium escape thing? Looks like its supposed to be in line with 10:00 as shown below.

22208000-20.png

warcelo

By the 12 on the Datawheel seems to be ETA.

And the HE valve is not in line with the 10 it´s a little bit above the 10 on the gen. ( take a careful look ).

By the way i was going to orther this watch but after many researchs i found the the newer version of the Chronograph version is a wayyyy better!

Edited by warcelo

Ska

Sorry to disappoint you mate but I'm afraid you got kind of shafted on that 300m. For $225 Id expect a LOT more than corect SELs

And the HE valve is way off - that looks like a much older version of the case to me.

On the gen, the HE valve is centered 3 degrees above the '10'.

Here's the gen alignment:

300mGen.jpg

Here's yours - and a pic from Silix Prime: You can see the valve is centered directly over '10'

300msilix1.jpg

300msilix2.jpg

And Mary's: Correct to the gen.

300mMary.jpg

The condition of your watch in the photos you were sent and when it arrived should have rung alarm bells immediately in my opinion.

speedzmaster

Excellent pics, ska! :yoda:

Ska

Would it be cruel to mention that the crown guards are WAY to shallow too on the Silix Case, nowhere near the gen.

OGM

I know, the HE valve are in line with the 10, but IMHO it is les distracting than a glass that make distorsion and a one piece case link, like the one of Mary instead of an assembly, like the genuin (you will see when you that the link from speedzmaster, the third pics, the link that joint the case, it's only grooves, not an assembly)

Maybe you won't notice but the pearl have a little glass over the lume, like the genuin. On the link to the watch from watchinternational the pearl don't seem to have that.

Even with the he valve not at the good place, to my eyes mine looks better (because of the glass, pearl and case link).

Anyway, here the pics, you will be able to make your own idea.

Last point for mvt, it seems to be a real eta... but it's maybe a used one whit dry oil and some dust... it's stiff to wind and slow to start (more than my -real- Tissot that use an eta 2428)

DSC02717.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02723.jpg

DSC02724.jpg

DSC02726.jpg

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

Edited by OGM

Luthier

Glass over the pearl??? Are you serious, mate???

OGM

Absolutly!!! , and it was an amazing good surprise!

I think I may be not understood when I talked on mechanical aspect in my 2nd post by reading reactions, I wanted to say that I would not scuba dive with the rep.

Luthier

Sorry to disappoint you, but there's no any glass over the pearl, not even on genuine watches.

Never.

Ska

Also - if you read up a bit you'll find out that Mary doesn't update her website anymore. The pictures there are just a reference and a rough indication of price.

If you buy from Mary you just send her detailed pictures of what you're looking for and Mary will go to the factories and get it for you.

The SEL issue you mentioned is just a case of Mary's photos being old and using an older style bracelet. If you asked her for the updated bracelet - she would get it for you.

The same goes for the pearl. Just look at her latest Seamaster Chronograph to see which case/bracelet/bezel version she can get hold of. And notice how it also has the correct latest case-back too.

IMG_1916.jpg

greg_r

Absolutly!!! , and it was an amazing good surprise!

alienfacepalm.jpg