Sign in to follow this  
OGM

The quest for a realistic Seamaster 2531.80.00

sconehead

...it's a passable rep mate...but be aware there are better models out there...:)

OGM

I went to an Omega AD westerday (and I really took the time to examin it, not behind the display case, but in my own hand ) and the pearl has a little protective layer (about 0.2 mm) of glass or epoxy or I don't know what but it's hard and translucent.......

Maybe the word "glass" wasn't the good word, but the genuin have one... unless Birk's sells counterfeit with an hard transparent protective film over the luminescent material of the pearl...

You can even see that the luminescent material seems to be lower on these picture...

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

First, by looking on these pics, I tought it was only lower, but by looking the real on AD, I saw that it's not naked but protected by a thin transparent layer...

The layer is not easy to see in the Omega pics, but I took a pics of a Rolex, you can see more easely what I mean for the "glass" over the pearl...

1.jpg

For Mary, I asked before to go with Silix, but she told me that she don't have the exact model that I wanted... The pics she send me by e-mail was the same os the one I found in ths site + one of the inside...

Edited by OGM

warcelo

OGM, you´re totaly right and i agree with you!

I´m looking for this model for a long time and it really does have this "transparent protective thing" over the lume material.

I went to a store today to see the GEN and i took a long and carefull look at all the details of the SMP and the SMP Chronograph; i figured out that there isen´t a good rep for the SMP out there, but Mary does have an almost 1:1 Chronograph version.

I also asked Mary, before order mine SMP Chrono, to see if she could ask the factory to build a SMP with the case back and bracelet of the Chrono and with the correct HE valve case. She tried but it´s not possible cuz the factories are different and the case + bracelet don´t fit.

The best thing to do is order the Chrono version. Btw the GEN quartz version isen´t tooo expansive and cuz of that it´s on my next list! :)

Baldrick

At first I couldn't see what the OP was talking about, but I Googled some Omega images and found this, now I can see what he means by 'transparency' over the pearl :)

212SEAMASTER7750CHRONOGRAPH16copy.jpg

greg_r

OGM: your last set of pics are WAY too big. Please ensure that all pics are no more than 940pix wide.

OGM

Thanks Warcelo! I'm happy that at least one personne went to see the real one and can confirm....! B)

We probably ask for almost the same thing to Mary lol, your answer is almost mine.

You are right, the gen quartz is not to expensive.

OGM, you´re totaly right and i agree with you!

I´m looking for this model for a long time and it really does have this "transparent protective thing" over the lume material.

I went to a store today to see the GEN and i took a long and carefull look at all the details of the SMP and the SMP Chronograph; i figured out that there isen´t a good rep for the SMP out there, but Mary does have an almost 1:1 Chronograph version.

I also asked Mary, before order mine SMP Chrono, to see if she could ask the factory to build a SMP with the case back and bracelet of the Chrono and with the correct HE valve case. She tried but it´s not possible cuz the factories are different and the case + bracelet don´t fit.

The best thing to do is order the Chrono version. Btw the GEN quartz version isen´t tooo expansive and cuz of that it´s on my next list! :ttiwwop:

Edited by OGM