Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

Rep YM stopped working, so i took it apart, and the REAL problems began.....

MikeMcNair

so, i am not entirely new to the rep game having had 5 or 6 noobmariners in various colors etc. i have also had a Breitling Bentley rep (which was WAY too big for my arm). i have a gen Tag Formula1 Alarm which is a pretty nice piece (pictured below) and have been pleased with it, but i am getting back in to the noobmariners and will shortly be buying one of the blue faced ceramic subs since they are just plain beautiful!!

anyhow, this thread is here because i am looking for help. i have a rep yacht master that is in need of some surgery. basically, the second hand stopped moving, thus the rest of the hands, a few years ago and i never did anything about it. since i am getting back into the game, i decided to pull her out and see if i could take off the back and find some obvious obstruction preventing it from functioning properly.

sadly, when taking it apart, i very quickly realized i was in over my head. so i am looking for help, and perhaps a person to actually repair it for me. i am sure i am capable if i had the appropriate instruction, however i think it would be best to just ship her out and have someone repair her.

so i am open to suggestions. here are the pics.... (sorry for the quality, they are from my iPhone)

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

here is the gen Tag........

tag.jpg

thanks in advance for your help!!

KBH

What happened to the rotor on your movement? It's a cheap Asian 21j movement. You're better off having someone install a new movement. Fakemaster might be interested.

Also if might help to know your location.

AllergyDoc

New A21J is what, $12?

Member X

Yep, new movement, job done! (Hopefully...)

Ska

+1 member x just get a new movt.

MikeMcNair

thanks for the fast replies!!! as for the rotor, it is simply taken off to peek under it, i was hoping to find a clue to its lack of functionality.

i agree it is "cheap", but i did not know it was a 21j Asian type, honestly i cant tell which i which unless it says it on the movement unit itself.

sooooo, where does one get a new movement? also, the crown unscrews, but does NOT come free at all. any clues on how to get that sucker out? i clearly need that out to be able to install a new movement.

jmd33
also, the crown unscrews, but does NOT come free at all. any clues on how to get that sucker out?

Bigger hammer :D

sconehead

press this button in gently to remove the crown/stem...

21j.jpg

MikeMcNair

aaaaaahhhhhh, sweet, thanks!!!!