Sign in to follow this  
jojo8989

General Rep Curiosity

jojo8989

Where do the guys selling fake rolexes in Mexico get them? Different from guys selling them in downtown LA or Canal Street?

Secondly. Robert, do you wear a watch? What are your favorites? ha. Just curious!

trailboss99

NFI where they get 'em TBH.

I think a lot of them import themselves from China.

Col.

greg_r
Where do the guys selling fake rolexes in Mexico get them?

The Rolex fairy? :(

Seriously, I'm sure Col's right - they're going to be buying 'em from the low-end Chinese factories just like the street dealers in most other places....

gran

The Rolex fairy? ;)

;) :(

;)

KBH

Quite possibly they are buying quantities of cheap parts from China and assembling them in Mexico too. But I'd say the parts are def coming from China.

JoeyB

The Rolex fairy? :rofl:

:rofl::)

:rofl:

What, you don't believe in fairies? sconeyPostWhore.jpgdbpostwhore1.jpg

jojo8989

Here is another one for you.... Are homage watches illegal like reps? Ive never really thought about it. They aren't using any brand names, can they still be seized?

dingle
Here is another one for you.... Are homage watches illegal like reps? Ive never really thought about it. They aren't using any brand names, can they still be seized?

they are not reps. they cannot be seized :)

greg_r

Some of the Panerai homages are on slightly dodgy ground as the CG is patented, but it's not really a major issue. Homages are, essentially, legal. Hell, if Rotary can sell 'em, anybody can :)

TAGster

I am assuming you are asking for those guys in México who sells reps in the street, right?.

Well, all those reps are low quality ones, they get them mainly from the organized crime of Tepito. Tepito es the capital of counterfit and smuggled goods in México City, it is and old downtown neigborhood that has two parts: a huge public market where you can find any kind of, counterfit, smuggled or stolen goods, and a hidden side where only the mafias trade, which are known as "Las Bodegas" (the warehouses). All the counterfit goods (watches, bags, belts, wallets, pens, etc.) that are sold in Tepito comes from Las Bodegas, which are owned by mexican and chinese people (Mafias), so where do you think the goods come from?... exactly! from China, so long story short: all the low quality reps you see are being sold in México streets comes from China, and I would add, from low quality Chinese manufacturers.

jojo8989
I am assuming you are asking for those guys in México who sells reps in the street, right?.

Well, all those reps are low quality ones, they get them mainly from the organized crime of Tepito. Tepito es the capital of counterfit and smuggled goods in México City, it is and old downtown neigborhood that has two parts: a huge public market where you can find any kind of, counterfit, smuggled or stolen goods, and a hidden side where only the mafias trade, which are known as "Las Bodegas" (the warehouses). All the counterfit goods (watches, bags, belts, wallets, pens, etc.) that are sold in Tepito comes from Las Bodegas, which are owned by mexican and chinese people (Mafias), so where do you think the goods come from?... exactly! from China, so long story short: all the low quality reps you see are being sold in México streets comes from China, and I would add, from low quality Chinese manufacturers.

Wow! Great answer.....sounds like inside knowledge ;)

TAGster

Wow! Great answer.....sounds like inside knowledge ;)

Shhhh, somebody can hear you... he he. ;)

No my friend, I know all that because I was born and raised in México and I lived all my life in México City, well just before I was transfered to California for my job, he he. And in México is not a secret where all the counterfit and smuggled goods are being sold, everybody knows Tepito and many, many people go there to buy stuff, eventhough the place is not safe at all.

jojo8989

hmm, so what you're saying is it would be wise not to visit, given the fact i am extremely Caucasian? Haha

"Hey Y'all got change for $100s?"

TAGster

Ha ha ha, that would not be a smart move.

At Tepito the thieves can rip off your socks without taking your shoes!