Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

Member GTG.. watches .. or not ?? i dont get it.

midasmook

Glasgow gtgt's are all about watches no other topics are allowed to be discussed and if you don't have at least 12 watches with you 3 which have had to have been bought in the last month then you are not welcome. Aston is working on a written test for our Xmas gtg which must be completed before you will be allowed in. Hope this clears things up.

edwinowl

Written test eh. Right think I'll have one for the next Notts/derby gtg. Chrisby make sure you bring the answer sheet!!! Whistles/ rolls eyes

Chiquita Fanjita
Glasgow gtgt's are all about watches no other topics are allowed to be discussed and if you don't have at least 12 watches with you 3 which have had to have been bought in the last month then you are not welcome. Aston is working on a written test for our Xmas gtg which must be completed before you will be allowed in. Hope this clears things up.

:rofl: hope you've been revising! I'm making this years test tougher :lol:

Tits McGee

I think I'd go to a GTG to meet the guys & make some new friends. This place is pretty special because of the people, not the watches. As I get older, good friendships have become much more meaningful to me than the toys I possess.

That was deep huh? :titsmcgee:

trailboss99

Just because we take a lot of watches WTF makes you think it's all we talk about?

Realism

I've seen one thread where a member went to a small gtg with luth and they talked about tea leaves instead

andyboy

Don't mind the test,but hope there is no urine sample required.

1littlegreen

I have yet to attend a GTG unfortunately. One day that will happen, probably on the other side of the pond. Most of my interaction has been with the good folks in the UK. Even though I have seen pictures of most of friends that I actually call "mate", I know it will be a welcome to actually meet them, even if we are using watches as the excuse.

We may have not met, but we know about each others families, and sometimes the struggles we are enduring. Without this forum, my views would be different not having met these folks. This is not a forum where there are just screens and keyboards, this is a forum where there are real people, not only to talk to, but that you can meet.

Thank you Dal for broaching the subject, this is what being here is all about, the people.

Mike on a bike

Well guys done 3 GTG and one mini (just me and another guy in town), and all have been great. Go to one talk with a guy for a few hours then PMing, posting back and forth takes on a new meaning. It is tangible I can not explain it better but it is a very good thing.

ShovelnTC

Watches are nice..........people are better. ;)

Not sure I can agree on that one, we must know different people!

Black Diamond

It's always great meeting new people and making new friends. I sold a guy a car 10 years ago and he has been my best mate ever since, so random shit happens when you make new friends. GTG are not only a way of meeting and greeting they are also a great way to feel around and get to know other watches that you might not have seen or had any desire for.

Just because there are 50 watches on the table does not mean that is the sole topic of conversation.

dalboy

Just because we take a lot of watches WTF makes you think it's all we talk about?

I didn't say it was the only topic of conversation. !!

Merely i prefer it not to be the all consuming subject of discussion. ;) .

will the test involve having to do joined up writing :D

solkryssare

Its all about the friendships for me. That and the adventure of seeing new places and countries. It has nothing to do with the watches, except the fact that,that is what binds us together. To start with anyways....

gran

a replica friend is a genuine friend

Chiquita Fanjita

Don't mind the test,but hope there is no urine sample required.

No urine sample required, just the rectal examination for all 1st time attendees carried out by big Boab who has a hand the size of a gritting trucks scoop!

Mystery Shopper

Its all about the friendships for me. That and the adventure of seeing new places and countries. It has nothing to do with the watches, except the fact that,that is what binds us together. To start with anyways....

You could work for Hallmark, Sol :lol:

Ive only been to one GTG and we talked about lots of stuff. It was great to catch up with people I have been 'talking to' for years.

graman

What Mystery Shopper said........

Good to talk watches, but not to buy... Show off your collection... Sure..... But don't sell it.

G2g's are about meeting people we've been talking to for a long time.

A few drinks, and talking.... About everything... Not just watches.

Get boozed up and talk shit, and enjoy meeting other members.

'Nuff said.

gran

+10000000

solkryssare

You could work for Hallmark, Sol :lol:

Ive only been to one GTG and we talked about lots of stuff. It was great to catch up with people I have been 'talking to' for years.

I used to sell postcards in London ;)

Pihlippe

+10000000

+1M

I know a lot of DNA manipulation today, did not on friday. :D