Being that this is a vintage Rolex based on a Panerai, I really had no flamin' idea what subforum to put it in - could be in any of the three. I finally decided to put it in the Rolex subforum purely to annoy Brightlight   This is a Rolex (or Rolex/Panerai - or Panerai/Rolex - or yes, a Rolerai ) 6154.   The story of this watch is a complex one.   It all started with watch that appeared in an auction at Antiquorum back in 2006 - eventually selling for around $86k. A second watch was also sold by the same auction house a year later for $200k     Allegedly, only six of these were built by Rolex. The story is that when Rolex stopped making watches for Panerai back in 1954, they had some Radiomir Small Egiziano 6154 cases left in stock, so they decided to produce these watches. The design is interesting, looking almost like a 5513 Sub dial had been stretched to fit the larger case...   Whether this story is actually true is dubious - some experts have claimed that the provenance of the watch is highly questionable as it was virtually undocumented before its first appearance at Antiquorum.   Whether genuine or an elaborate fake, the combination of Rolex dial and 6154 case has fascinated me ever since I first saw the photos. Being both a a fan of Rolex and a certified Panerai nut, this seemed like the perfect watch for me.   Shortly after I found the cartel so-called 'rep' of this watch. Unfortunately, whilst cheap at about $100, it's a complete joke, being in entirely the wrong case.       However, I also came across DSN's much more accurate rep (thanks to hk45ca who posted some wonderful photos of his own 6154 over at RWI). I was smitten, but for some reason it took me quite a while to get around to buying one for myself (I'm easily distracted by other nice watches and at the time I was also desperate for a high-end Fiddy amongst others... ).   Anyhow, having been thinking about this watch for getting on for two years, I recently decided that it was now or never - this has been a grail rep for me for far too long - so contacted DSN and ordered one. It is not a model that DSN holds in stock, so it took about 10 days for him to have one custom-built for me. It arrived just 4 business days after payment, which is pretty impressive. All in all, I have to say that DSN is an absolute pleasure to do business with - his English isn't that good, but keep your messages simple and things work out just fine.   Anyway, here's the watch. The 6154 case is the same size as a Fiddy case - but without the CG. This makes it wear a little smaller. The crystal is a tall domed plexi and the dial has a nice vintage look to it. I love the look of this thing - the extreme depth of the crystal + rehaut makes it almost like looking down into a pool from some angles, and the indices and hands have a real glow to them. Gorgeous. Speaking of glow, the vintage lume is far better than I expected it to be, and whilst not torch bright is more than acceptable. Anyhow, I will NOT be beating this watch up to make it look 50 years old; it's far too pretty for that.   I ordered it with the bowtie hour hand as per gen (unlike the sample in DSN's photobucket), which is worth mentioning if you decide you want one. It's powered by a Moljna movement modified with Rolex-engraved bridges (which is astounding at the price, I have to say - I was expecting a 6497) and came with both closed and display casebacks I.'ve left the display back on for now as the movement is so pretty, but the closed back is the correct one. DSN supplied two straps with it, both of them with GPF ModDep buckles. They're both pretty decent straps, but they don't do the watch justice - to which end I've fitted a vintage-style strap from Getat that has been well beaten up and really looks the part. It's also the most comfortable strap I own.   The most impressive thing about this watch is the way it feels. From the finish of the case to the action of the crown when adjusting or winding it, everything feels like a seriously expensive gen. It has exceeded my (already high) expectations by some margin.   I think I have a new all-time favourite watch. I also think I might be just about done with PAMs now. I have a 10 capacity box for my PAMs and there's now only one space left. I probably have to fill that remaining space on general principle, but that's gonna be it, I think, unless, of course, I decide to sell something and end up with another space - nature abhors a vacuum, you know .   Anyhow - enough of this drivel. Here's some lousy pics - I'll take some better ones later:   1. As it came from DSN     2. The movement - purty, ain't she?     3. On the well-vintaged Getat strap, which is a lot more comfy than the DSN straps and really suits the watch imho...     Better pics to come