Sign in to follow this  
deathnote

SuperOcean Steelfish

deathnote

Received my SO Steelfish H factory today from WI. What a stunner !!! The build quality is on another level. Everything is perfect except the lume, date wheel and bracelet. As most of you already know the stamps on the bracelet are not that good from the H factory. The AR is very good. The dial is not super lumed and the date wheel could have been better aligned. This one's definitely a keeper, will have to send it to Kenny at some point for re lume and date wheel alignment if he can do that as well. Going to get a leather strap and gen buckle for this so the bracelet does not really bother me. Any recommendations for a good leather strap for the Steelfish will be appreciated. This is not 42mm, I measured the dial and it is 44mm. After reading LightGeek's review I specifically asked WI for the 42mm version, maybe this is the only size available and LightGeek's is also 44mm or WI sent me the wrong size, I do not know. Measured the dial again after rotating the bezel without the chunky bezel parts at 12,3,6 and 9... it is 42mm :boxedin:

Now for some nasty iPhone pics....IMG_1134.jpgIMG_1135.jpgIMG_1137.jpgIMG_1139.jpgIMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Edited by deathnote

hnic

beautiful watch and def a 'super' rep

only thing that bothers me is the S in Superocean

enjoy!!

gav_tt225

Hi

Great watch. I've just picked one up from Trusty. I normally lurk around on the other RWG forum but thought i'd give this one a try.

Do you have any issues with the crown? i only ask as mine feels slightly flimsy. when i unscrew to adjust the time it feels like the tube/pin is a bit wobbly in position. Not sure if this is the norm as my other watches are quite sturdy? i'm also awaiting a new clasp for mine as it's shockingly bad and doesn't close

Cheers

deathnote

Hi

Great watch. I've just picked one up from Trusty. I normally lurk around on the other RWG forum but thought i'd give this one a try.

Do you have any issues with the crown? i only ask as mine feels slightly flimsy. when i unscrew to adjust the time it feels like the tube/pin is a bit wobbly in position. Not sure if this is the norm as my other watches are quite sturdy? i'm also awaiting a new clasp for mine as it's shockingly bad and doesn't close

Cheers

Crown is fine on mine, but i hate that the date wheel is not centered. I don't know if your's is Noob or H factory, mine is from H factory.

gav_tt225

Hi

Cheers

Crown is fine on mine, but i hate that the date wheel is not centered. I don't know if your's is Noob or H factory, mine is from H factory.

Mine is also H Factory and the lume is superb so quite interesting that there are a couple of differences. I'm hoping the crown is ok just extra careful when changing the time.

rusty peters

I am in need of the same watch! I didn't realize they made a 42mm rep. Did you want the 44? Have you opened the case back to see what movement is really in there?

LightGeek

It's 42mm everything about it is 44mm though like the case back model number... Which is odd.

The lug end to lug end of the 44 is 50mm. Measure it and check.

emtp101

Is this the same one that Toro has H-Factory superlumed V2 new breed for $208?

HeavyKrush

Lovely. Mine says hello.

DSC_3095_zpsd4cdaaa7.jpg

rusty peters

When you say "new breed" are you referring to the new breed movement that is better than the 21J but questionable compared to the A2836?

emtp101

When you say "new breed" are you referring to the new breed movement that is better than the 21J but questionable compared to the A2836?

Actually its a new remake from H-factory, comes with Asian ETA 2836-2

rusty peters

Thank you for the clarification. I am still learning the lingo. Bear with me.

deathnote

It's 42mm everything about it is 44mm though like the case back model number... Which is odd.

Yeah that seems a bit odd to me, why would the lug width be the same as the bigger version as well, seems like they were too lazy to make new lugs for the 42mm version.

deathnote

Gen strap + buckle is on it's way for the Steelfish. Pics coming soon :D

emtp101

Thank you for the clarification. I am still learning the lingo. Bear with me.

No prob. I have seen it stated new breed referred to the high beat 2813, but on Toro's site he has it as V2 new breed but when you click on the watch for further info it has new remake. I also wonder on how well the new breed 2813 high beat will work, reliability, and so on.

LightGeek

Yeah that seems a bit odd to me, why would the lug width be the same as the bigger version as well, seems like they were too lazy to make new lugs for the 42mm version.

What's the measurement on yours from lug end to lug end?

deathnote

Lug length on mine seems to be around 52mm...... :suck:

gav_tt225

I almost pulled the trigger on the Toro steelfish but read a thread over on RWI about the asian clone being something quite different and people reporting lots of issues with them . I stumped up the extra and went with the Swiss eta Version 2 from Trusty

ghoststar

I almost pulled the trigger on the Toro steelfish but read a thread over on RWI about the asian clone being something quite different and people reporting lots of issues with them . I stumped up the extra and went with the Swiss eta Version 2 from Trusty

Really? What sorta issues? I figured since this is a non-chrono and has only the date complication it would be a smooth watch.