Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Ordered My New Hublot Rose Gold/Ceramic

Drake

Hello everyone,

I've just ordered (after several problems in sending the money across:: all my faults really, not the TDs) a Hublot Rose Gold/Ceramic from Toro. I did post the qc pics in a previous post, apparently a heinous crime on this forum, IMHO though, why people with experience in this field shouldn't be allowed to guide amateur buyers like myself through QC pics to make sure I'm getting something special is beyond me. In any case, I will not argue with rules set in stone!

I really look forward to my watch, and will post the photos as soon as they arrive. Toro has been a delight thus far to communicate with. Hope this one reaches in perfect condition!

Edited by drakeangel1719

pilch23

Simple.....managing expectation. I doubt any watch would pass QC unless it was gen if forum members put their comments, causing doubt in your mind resulting in watch being rejected. Each member on this forum has a differing expectation and ultimately are you happy with it?

Finally, read the feedback on the purchased watches by members, most include look for/concerns when buying a specific model.

TheInthusiest

Simple.....managing expectation. I doubt any watch would pass QC unless it was gen if forum members put their comments, causing doubt in your mind resulting in watch being rejected. Each member on this forum has a differing expectation and ultimately are you happy with it?

Finally, read the feedback on the purchased watches by members, most include look for/concerns when buying a specific model.

+1

Also: if you have (or think there is a problem) contact a mod/admin. They are pretty much the only people that should be seeing your QC pics.

Honestly speaking. Your judgement will improve with time. Almost like enjoying a nice wine. To make a accurate critique your taste palet must mature. :)

nuwanda

Honestly speaking. Your judgement will improve with time. Almost like enjoying a nice wine. To make a accurate critique your taste palet must mature. :)

+1

Post review and pics when you got it!!!

Drake

Thank you guys. I didn't say, btw, that I wanted them to confirm that a watch I am buying is a 1:1 copy of the original. After all, that is hardly possible at this price range. Though, it would have been interesting to see what people thought of QC pics, accurate or not. After all, what is a forum, but a collection of interpretations! We don't expect accuracy here, just collective ideas.

Drake

I just received the watch a couple of days ago. Will post the pics of it soon. Meanwhile, I have some questions for you guys who know about this particular movement:

When I set the time, I have to pull out the crown two steps right? First step is to set date and second is to set time? But when I do this, it does not set forwards. I have to go backwards in time (counter clockwise) to set it, otherwise it does not set.

Second, can I manually wind this watch? If so how can I do it? Do I wind the crown clockwise or counter clockwise?

Third, when I press the chrono button, it is very hard and goes in with a click? Is this ok?

George.
I just received the watch a couple of days ago. Will post the pics of it soon. Meanwhile, I have some questions for you guys who know about this particular movement:

When I set the time, I have to pull out the crown two steps right? First step is to set date and second is to set time? But when I do this, it does not set forwards. I have to go backwards in time (counter clockwise) to set it, otherwise it does not set.

Second, can I manually wind this watch? If so how can I do it? Do I wind the crown clockwise or counter clockwise?

Third, when I press the chrono button, it is very hard and goes in with a click? Is this ok?

First step is date, second is time, yes. What do you mean it won't go forward?

Don't hand wind an automatic watch. It's just safer to wear it or put it on a winder.

Also stop screwing around with the chrono. Don't use it. It will only give you problems. If you need to time something, use your phone!

beno2k9

I also look forward to my Hublot Big Bang Rose 18K from Toro. They have been very promot to answer my questions.