Sign in to follow this  
deju

Panerai case back how to close/seal?

BentleySharp

kind of curious who it was, and more curious, does that person have an account over here at RWG? am i buying faulty/tampered goods from this guy not knowing? ARE YOU? Who is it that sold this to you? Out them. This is poor and dishonest behavior.

SSTEEL

For the third time now, WHERE DID YOU GET THIS REP?

The answer to this question is needed. I am guessing a non-TD, or Canal st, hence the glue, lack of o-ring, and whatnot.

He answered ya dope!

I got it from m2m it originated from RG.

Kinda explains everything yes? Someone has striped either the back or the case, glued it together and on sold it to negate his losses. Not cool.

Doh, my bad :boxedin:

BentleySharp

TO WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SELLING THIS WATCH: If you are reading this...

either take my advice or don't, But the way to make this right is to offer to cover the cost of repairs. I think it would be better to come clean and admit a mistake than be found out and branded a fraud. but, whatever. It's your life. your reputation.

SSTEEL

For the third time now, WHERE DID YOU GET THIS REP?

The answer to this question is needed. I am guessing a non-TD, or Canal st, hence the glue, lack of o-ring, and whatnot.

He answered ya dope!

I got it from m2m it originated from RG.

Kinda explains everything yes? Someone has striped either the back or the case, glued it together and on sold it to negate his losses. Not cool.

Agreed mate, and the very reason I was so persistent on finding out the source of the watch.

deju

Anyone have a rear case gasket/oring spare I can buy? :)

BentleySharp

Deju. You're a lot nicer than i am. I would have put that seller out there in public. Granted, I'm fairly new to the forum here, but it seems to me that the forum exists to keep gen and rep watch enthusiests from getting ripped off and cheated, and that seems to be what happened here. Maybe i'm wrong. Tell me if i am, But things like this should be kept from happening again. Right? And future sellers should be discouraged from dodgy behaviour as well.

BigsCG

I would reach out in a very private civil way. When the same watch gets sold 2 or 3 times, you never know who or when this happened. I've had nothing but great exchanges with members when something has gone wrong. If it's a good member, they'll usually be just as interested in getting it fixed as you are. Good luck deju.

deju

Who's to say the previous owner of the watch even knew. I've never been inside any of my watches and any of the ones I've sold or bought in M2M and so one of mine could come from the factory like that and I would be totally in aware.

Maybe this is a sign that I shall have to start tinkering with watches haha

:)