greg_r

The Rep Watch Fora: A History of RWG and those who came before...

noctus

Great read, thanks a lot for the information.

jung

History, love it. Merry Christmas to all from Sydney

Trueblue1989

Thanks Greg for the great read

yukon

Now I understand the logo of this website! What a story! So many history line until today. But I guess that is what make RWG today. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif:thumbsup:

Testomatic

Loved the story thanks a lot for posting. This gives an all new dimension to the site

kremmen

interesting read greg

paulvillo

Late and very interesting read G, thanks :)

gwatch01

very cool history. I kinda miss TTK. He had great pix, and most certainly was an interesting fella. Wonder what happened to him? I bought my first rep from Eddie Lee. His 'take' on 'waterproof' : "guaranteed waterproof to 50 meters. a 50 meter dash in the rain". I had my reps modded and repaired by Ziggy until he retired. Man, he was great. I don't know how many reps I've acquired, from Josh, Andrew, King, River, Narikka and others I've forgotten. Pretty happy with most of them. I can't remember the guy in Taiwan who specialized in Pams, I got a 202A from him that is awesome, wish I could remember his name. I think he only accepted Western Union, which was a little bit of a hassle, but a great dealer. I don't remember the actual date, but there was a NYC get together that I attended and met many New York area fans. We had big fun, and I got myself a really lousy Canal St. rep of a Pam that was hilarious, but is still running! Glad this site is here now, I see the trusted dealers I have purchased from in the past are still around. I also got myself a couple rep Armani suits from a fella in Oz, and after a little tailoring, look fabulous. Can't remember his name: Ken? And found a link to a rep guitar site, picked up a nice rep Les Paul, and Martin D40. I wonder if anyone in China is making rep Hammond B3's? Anyway, I was away for awhile,just lurking around today, good luck with the site. See youse all later.

trailboss99
I kinda miss TTK. He had great pix, and most certainly was an interesting fella. Wonder what happened to him?
I'm sure he'll be along any minute to tell you that rumours of his demise are inaccurate.

I had my reps modded and repaired by Ziggy until he retired.
Ziggy has not retired, he's just very selective of clients these days.

I can't remember the guy in Taiwan who specialized in Pams,
David San and he's still at it: https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/45-Davidsen

I also got myself a couple rep Armani suits from a fella in Oz, and after a little tailoring, look fabulous. Can't remember his name: Ken?
Kenberg

greg_r

very cool history. I kinda miss TTK. He had great pix, and most certainly was an interesting fella. Wonder what happened to him?

He's not a dealer any more, but he's still an active member - I expect he'll be along in a bit :D

I wonder if anyone in China is making rep Hammond B3's?

Well, not Chinese, but there is a rep - the Nord C2D is about as close as you'll get short of Hammond's own re-issue. Lot cheaper than the real thing, anyhow...

redfire51

Good info, it's always good to know it's history...

Baldrick
very cool history. I kinda miss TTK.

What was your forum ID on TRC ?

gavmeister

Puts much into perspective now knowing the history of the forum.

movingshadow

Important higlights from RWG and TRC days

Jetmid had a Patek and private plane

just as a start...

nope. just a patek.

where's Johnnyboy when you need him... man I miss the good old looney bin days... amazing how time flies, a lot of this stuff seems like it happened just yesterday :D

movingshadow

Nothing about the claps? I am confused. :lol:

you know nothing onze :kma:

Dont start threadcrapping now dammit

It was the GGG thread back in those days, but yours presently are equally good...even better now with the hand held phone pics

That was the thread of Johnnyboy, and yes I know nooooothing. :P

I still want to strangle that promiscious beach bum Johnnyboy....beside it was that German Thors thread me beleive

why strangle? without us the world would have never associated the word ASSHAT with this....

asshat.jpg?w=570

androme

Amazing to read! Thanks :) Been on RWI for a while now so nice to know the history!

Poohmonster

Hi !

Nice history .... I too remember the good old days .... characters such as Dave123 , Allergy Doc and Onzenuub ...some of whom are still around ....any other old timers here like me from the early days ?

Pooh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roberto

Never saw this thread before.  Interesting little read, that.

kasi

Iam still lurking around from time to time :B):

And still working on my Vintage Collection .

And know who the original MBW is ( but will not tell ):happy:

Greets to all the Old Folks from Back in the Day !

Kasi

aitcharGMT

Great story! I forgot I had an account at the RWGJr and went there by mistake! Lol. then started wondering, did a search and voila! 

GingerApple

Will this is an interesting little thread, thanks @NCRich for making me aware of it.

The next time I'm happily thread crapping, but being told to stop by some spoilsport, I will refer said moaning minnie to this thread and point out that this entire forum was built out of the need and desire to thread crap and talk bollocks (whilst occasionally referring to watches).

Excellent little write up.

MetalMickey
32 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Will this is an interesting little thread, thanks @NCRich for making me aware of it.

The next time I'm happily thread crapping, but being told to stop by some spoilsport, I will refer said moaning minnie to this thread and point out that this entire forum was built out of the need and desire to thread crap and talk bollocks (whilst occasionally referring to watches).

Excellent little write up.

I can safely say that nobody has ever whinged about me thread crapping at RWG - except noobs who soon got educated by the long-term members :D

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

I can safely say that nobody has ever whinged about me thread crapping at RWG - except noobs who soon got educated by the long-term members :D

Maybe they're scared Panthor will attack them.

HarryHaddock

Som good info here 

DavidAMcC

Really interesting to read the genesis of such things. It's often overlooked that boards like this evolve rather than simply come into existence and there is a Darwinesque process underpinning this.

Edited by DavidAMcC