Sign in to follow this  
Del

Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red - quick review.

Dendo

Nice watch Del - how similar is it to a Sea Dweller?

Edited by Dendo

torobravo

I´ve always admired these Steinhart timepieces and will never understand how can they make it Swiss made in such a low price. I have my doubts

ShovelnTC

Great pics Del,

I'm in love with the Steinhearts Ocean 1's and Vintage military but how does it feel compared with a Sub?

I only ask as they quote a weight of 190 grams which is quite a bit heavier than the Sub-C (around 150) and a lot heavier than a 16610 (around 120) and I find the difference between the Sub-C and the 16610 noticeable and am concerned that I will find the Steinheart too heavy.

Mark.

Del

Thanks guys! :)

There have been some comments about size, etc. It reminds me of a Sub-C but with a little more bulk, which I think is due to the domed crystal as the case is not overly thick. It doesn't feel as big as a Sea Dweller and yet it is 42mm versus 40mm, again I think this is related to the thickness.

As for the weight, it does not feel heavy in the slightest, nor top heavy. My gen TAG Aquaracer Chrono with 7750-based movement is also 42mm but is thicker, more top-heavy and, if I'm being honest, less comfortable to wear!

Hope this helps. :thumbsup2:

@ Toro - alternatively, it could suggest that the Chinese are over-charging.....;)

DG335

Lovely looking watch and seems high build quality. However I can't get my head around why you'd buy this over a good Rolex rep unless the build is just phenomenal. And I don't have any subs in my collection.

hnic

looks great

do you still own/wear reps?

my problem after buying and wearing gens is the reps dont give me the same feeling no more

im not in the position I can buy all the gens I want so ill have to combine gen with rep

Del
Lovely looking watch and seems high build quality. However I can't get my head around why you'd buy this over a good Rolex rep unless the build is just phenomenal. And I don't have any subs in my collection.

Apart from liking the look of the watch, it's a genuine Swiss Made watch with a 2-year warranty and doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is.

And it doesn't come with any of the frequent "headaches" that you get with reps......;)

Del
looks great

do you still own/wear reps?

my problem after buying and wearing gens is the reps dont give me the same feeling no more

im not in the position I can buy all the gens I want so ill have to combine gen with rep

I don't own any reps now but wouldn't rule them out completely! ;)

And I agree that gens give you a different feeling than reps.

solkryssare

Awesome diver D!

Very nice indeed! I can feel one of their GMTs coming to daddy at some point.

+1

Are you looking at the pepsi or coke?

Or both :giggle:

DG335

Apart from liking the look of the watch, it's a genuine Swiss Made watch with a 2-year warranty and doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is.

And it doesn't come with any of the frequent "headaches" that you get with reps......;)

2 years warranty might be the clincher ;-)

Pharmo

Very, very nice Del. a great price with 2 year warrantee. You can't go wrong and the watch is stunning!!

First seiko now this ...what's going on ;)

Anyway when is it coming in m2m mate? :lol:

NFleischer

a199bba0-d6a7-48ca-8f2c-ab7c87114fd6_zpsfec487e9.jpg

I'm sure some, if not a large, portion of these Swiss watches are assembled in China. I bought this Tissot DD with ETA 2836-2 for $370!

I realize they're part of the Swatch group and have access to cheap ETA mov'ts.

Del

I'm sure some, if not a large, portion of these Swiss watches are assembled in China. I bought this Tissot DD with ETA 2836-2 for $370!

No, to use the term "Swiss Made" on a watch, the movement assembly, watch assembly and final testing must be done in Switzerland . In addition, at least 50% of the components of the movement must be manufactured in Switzerland.

http://www.fhs.ch/en/swissm.php

;)

Daywatch

Great Del. This answered all my questions. Will have to add one before next Summer. Thx for the review, precise and informative.

mrtsumoto80

I'm still waiting for a two tone version by steinhart, I definitively have a couple steinharts on my wishlist

bklynboy

not two tone but the newly released Ocean 1 Vintage has gold hands, applied markers and logo

146267679O1Vintage_01.jpg

on my 2014 list for sure!

thorny007

I wish steinhart would change the end links and clasp on their bracelets