Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

2824 Keyless Works

SSTEEL

Oh the fun..

10643851123_19888e52e8_b.jpg

I have tried twice now putting this back together, and the first time, the stem would simply not engage, and insert fully, whilst the second time I managed to get to wind stage, but still could not get stem to engage fully.

Question for you guys as this is the first time I have experience this, I have done keyless on several movements with success, so this is confusing me a little. Maybe its something to do with the position the stem was in when the keyless acted up, and stem extracted.

Any tips?

onzenuub

Wiz

Look if the tip of the stem is not bent. If not, inspect the setting lever and winding/sliding pinions.

µIf they look fine, it must be the assembly.

Odyseus

Look if the tip of the stem is not bent. If not, inspect the setting lever and winding/sliding pinions.

They certainly look OK from the photo?? How's your shoulder 'E' ??

Wiz

They certainly look OK from the photo?? How's your shoulder 'E' ??

Hard to tell from the pics.

It's not the shoulder it's the clavicula. Healing is in progress, still a long way to go but at least I can type now. With one hand, but I can type.

SSTEEL

Cheers guys, good videos too.

All back together now, and working :) Third time lucky :) The small secondary plate that goes over the yoke was slightly bent, straightened it, and fine :)

Here's some photos of the order of parts during assembly.

Thanks again guys for the help.

10644842205_e82fa91eab_b.jpg

10644858514_dac4d1fd5a_b.jpg

10644857854_2506bac363_b.jpg

10644857284_938bee4b5e_b.jpg

10644836865_96f77e5493_b.jpg

10644856714_a15d96d114_b.jpg

10644839425_bdd3ed283d_b.jpg

10645071033_4d8e8cf570_b.jpg

10644856124_7b1c8235cd_b.jpg

10644869466_ce80cb23ac_b.jpg

10644869016_87fa4ece41_b.jpg

10645069303_a5bc734595_b.jpg

10644867486_f2ce946e4b_b.jpg

onzenuub

I am gonna send you my Tag, it stopped working. :)

SSTEEL

Do you know why its stopped working? Or you pulling my chain, again ? :P

onzenuub

Dunno q

why, just stopped. And I will pull neeeeeeeeeeeever whatsover from you. :lol:

Pharmo

my man...some of the stuff you do! :)

very impressive.

SSTEEL

Dunno q

why, just stopped. And I will pull neeeeeeeeeeeever whatsover from you. :lol:

:lmao:

my man...some of the stuff you do! :)

very impressive.

Done several now mate, quite enjoy it, but never had a problem before this, hence my thread asking for help. Seems that someone must of pushed the stem release so hard, it bent the one plate end, the part that goes in the main plate. Crazy.

SSTEEL

I have another movement in, its a super clone from TC, the issue, no date setting via the crown. I have disassembled, and reassembled the keyless, and everything is in its place as it should be, but for some strange reason, the date change is not engaging.

Any of you guys come across this before, and if so, what was the problem, and how was it resolved?

I have even stripped the keyless works parts from another movement which changed date fine via crown, but these parts fitted to this troubled movement still won't engage to change the date, which leads me to believe there is something a miss with the movement itself, but what exactly I don't know, and would love to pick your brains if you have come across this issue.

yawn

well, i just completely fucked up mine last week, now the freaking watch is for sale.

SSTEEL

well, i just completely fucked up mine last week, now the freaking watch is for sale.

Ouch mate.

Ok, just to check, I refitted the dw, and when I manually advance the movement 24hrs, the date changes fine. Just not changing via the crown.

SSTEEL

Cheers will take a look mate. I just stripped the keyless down again after removing the stem in time set /hack position, and after rebuild, and inserting the stem, I could only get the date setting to work :lol: Solved one problem, but no wind, or time setting, just date setting. Grrrr.

TT88

:lol:

Remember to push this lever back if not it wouldn't be able to wind. :D

KeylessWorksassembly013Large.jpg

twofake

Hey SSTEEL nice post .

I think we all will end up with a few destroyed keyless works as we practice watchmaking.

Every time I see my watch maker after a f..k up he always says " you've wrecked it" ( even if I didn't do it).

Oh you need to invest in better camera lighting before you buy more watch tools.

Keep up the good watch work though .

SSTEEL

@TT thats done mate ;)

Hey SSTEEL nice post .

I think we all will end up with a few destroyed keyless works as we practice watchmaking.

Every time I see my watch maker after a f..k up he always says " you've wrecked it" ( even if I didn't do it).

Oh you need to invest in better camera lighting before you buy more watch tools.

Keep up the good watch work though .

I have practised hundreds of times in the several years I have been doing this on and off, and this particular problem Im experienced is on a TC Super clone. Its not as strong as an ETA thats for sure. I love working on ETA's :)

I have a new light now ;)

10835866836_3c961d4eaa_b.jpg

SSTEEL

All sorted now. :D

As Wiz suggested, I checked the tip of my stem, and it was ever so slightly bent, unseen with the naked eye, only visible with the loupe.

Thanks Wiz mate :D

simey83

As Wiz suggested, I checked the tip of my stem, and it was ever so slightly bent, unseen with the naked eye, only visible with the loupe.

You were checking the tip of your stem while you were bent over naked, and what happened? :giggle:

TT88

You were checking the tip of your stem while you were bent over naked, and what happened? :giggle:

:lmao: nudity and stems don't go very well

:clap: congrats on the fix. Pros are still pros. :D

SSTEEL

Stem not stem cells :P

:D

;)