Sign in to follow this  
quick978

Ordered my 1st watch today (Scared)

quick978

Hi all,

I have been a member of the site for about 8 days now, and after rushing in and just wanting to ''buy a watch'' i was told to slow down & take my time, read on the wealth of knowledge that is available on this site, and don't go mad like a fool, well, 'thanks for the advice guys' i think i would of got ripped off otherwise or ended up with something i wasn't happy with. after having some trouble sourcing the watch i was hunting i have decided to get something else, same model just different color, i ordered it from http://www.torobravos2013.com/ and the whole episode seemed rather painless, his answers were very swift & QC pics were good, i just hope they are an honest site & deliver me a quality rep, from the homework i have done on here, i am quite happy that they will ''i'll keep you all posted on that'' i went for this WATCH in Black, Wanted Yellow but it was very hard to find ''unless i wanted a cheapo'' & i seemed to trust this site.

Thanks to Del, Elp9 who have helped me on my journey.

I am already thinking of what to get next & this one hasn't even left China yet ha ha...

Cheers RWG

Quick

Edited by quick978

seclark007

Quick,

The SO is a pretty popular rep. You'll be pleased with the results, no doubt. Now just stop thinking about it....don't check tracking every day....take a chill pill and relax. Everything should work out with no trouble. There's no need to be scared :D

Jacksongo

torobravo is a stand up man...! no reason for you to be scared or have any sort of bad feeling... he is a Trusted Dealer in the forum and that means A LOT!

NFleischer

Welcome- enjoy the watch. I'm sure more are to follow.

Electron17

Welcome to the waiting game!

Soopah Spy

Best advice we can give is, "Do something else for a while, and put the incoming watch out of your mind." Maybe look for your next one? I normally get mine one at a time, so that I can be on the hunt for a new design while I'm waiting for the one I ordered to come in.

Boudz

You're going to be fine, the watch will arrive and you will love it and eventually you will buy another watch and then another and another until you become broke and get kicked out of your house because your landlord won't accept a replica TAG with Swiss ETA movement as a forum of currency.

Pharmo

welcome mate - the fun starts now!

markeym3

Don't forget to check the tracking every five minutes ,, and get worried if nothing moves for a few day's ,,,, only kidding its great ordering and waiting for your first watch and even now its a buzz ...enjoy

onionbag

Has it arrived yet?

It should have arrived........

Martinjogs

Excellent choice of watch for your first venture! It will arrive, after an agonising wait, and once you see and feel the quality of the watch first hand you will be doomed forever, welcome to RWG!

Odyseus

It'l be the first of many !! Believe us !!! Toro is a great dealer and the SO is a very accurate rep :)

ronin007

Great watch ,got one from toro as well,you will love it

quick978

Thanks a lot guys, your words are very kind and put me at ease, the only reason I put scared, well (aprencive) would of been a better word, is because I have given someone I don't know in China £150 of my hard earned cheese, but I'm sure from what I've read and what you guys have said that I will be ok, I will take the advice and not check the tracking every 5 mins, I'll look every 10 (ha ha)

In all serious guys thanks for the reassurance and thanks RWG for the advice.

In all seriousness though, how do you guys deal with that inevatable question? "Is it real"?

Edited by quick978

onionbag

Just tell 'em..........Naw, it's a fuckin' tattoo. ;)

markeym3

The old "is it real " question ,,, this has been talked about many times ,, I have never been asked only by friends ,, but in general nobody questions me ,,, also if it looks like you could afford it then no problem , I mean if you are a little scumbag wearing a submariner then its probably going to be a rep..

Cheers

But if my mates ask then I say yes it tells the time and everything ....

Edited by markeym3

Libertatia

Nice, this will most likely be my next order.... I recently got a £65 parking fine though, so no watches this month as punishment for my stupidity.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

E-man82

welcome from the US, I too ordered a watch shortly after coming on board, its really addictive with all the peer pressure from 40K+ members

elp

Well done for doing your research and taking the plunge. You will have stomach flutters until it arrives, that's inevitable, just remember we've all gone through it, and we are still here and keep buying even more reps ... upon reflection that did not sound very clever, did it? :huh:

You'll be fine! :q5:

kime

Nice, that scared feeling... that will become an addition ! :-)

digital_sound

Newbie here too... I just purchased my first TWO watches from Trusty Times. Happy to say I've learned a lot from this site and read (and RE-read) many post about the respected dealers. So I'm waiting with patience and will post my new arrivals when they ------> "Arrive" :giggle:

roberto

Well congratulations on doing your homework before taking the plunge.

I just received a watch from Toro and I'm delighted with it.

Relax and be patient with the wait.. it'll be worth it when you're sporting it on your wrist.. and that won't be long.

quick978

Thanks for all your kind words guys & a special thanks to Elp9.

I got it & have posted some pics up HERE

The delivery was so quick 4days

unfortunately the site has gone down now, i wanted to order another one too

Quick

Mr Stubbs

Good god, only FOUR DAYS ?!? Are you Toro's neighbour? When I order a watch it takes four WEEKS. You're going to miss out on all of the addictive anxiety this hobby/sport has to offer!