Sign in to follow this  
reximda

I've been Sporked!

reximda

My first watch was a Seiko. This one, in fact. Purchased in what I'd guess would be 1984-ish?

RFAoOmI.jpg

SgkXgQB.jpg

As you can see, I wore the living shit out of it. Probably for 10 years before upgrading(?) to a Tag. Looking back, the Seiko served me longer, and was a better looking watch, IMNSFHO.

Once I hit the "adult" world of watches, I never looked back at Seiko... Until recently. All the talk about the vaunted "Spork" going out of production piqued my interests again. I may have missed one for sale here too.

So I set my trusty watchrecon page to let me know if one came up. I was lucky enough to check on it within minutes of a new WUS posting, and offered the gentleman seller his asking price post haste. A quick exchange, and the deal was done. Received today. Besides realizing that it needs a new battery, I'm kind of in love.

9rKgxDq.jpg

Pardon the probably Japanese pube on this one.

cLJeERP.jpg

And, oh the lume!

tuWtCUz.jpg

Needless to say, I'm a fan, and humbly request entry back into the Seiko fold. I've strayed.

watch.aholic

Mate...the Spork is an automatic so it doesn't need a battery!

ShovelnTC

I fell in love with a seiko when I was 7 years old and have never looked at them as anything but great.

Had a beautiful SQ sports 100 back in the 80's (among other Seikos over the years) which I sold after putting it in for the 3rd time for repair but wish I knew what I know now and I would have still had it.

Enjoy your Spork!!!

solkryssare
Mate...the Spork is an automatic so it doesn't need a battery!

+1

:giggle:

SSTEEL

Congrats. :)

Seeing as that pube is only on one photo of the watch, I'm guessing someone got excited in the process of unpacking the watch ;)

Mazz

Uh yeah the sporks an auto

Electron17

Congrats, Seiko's are great watches.

reximda

Let's start over. The Spork is amazing! My old Seiko most definitely needs a battery. Yeah, thats what I meant.

onzenuub

The pube is Chinese. :)

greg_r

Enjoy it, mate :D

reximda

Thanks.

I knew somewhere in the recesses of my brain that it was an auto, but when I unpacked the non-runner I instinctively tried to get it started with a wind. When that didn't appear to do anything, my brain went to, "huh, guess it needs a battery." A little more lucid daytime research revealed that it doesn't wind. Gotta get it moving. Still love it, despite it making me look the fool.