Sign in to follow this  
ShadyBrady68

Where to send reps for repair?

ShadyBrady68

I have many reps, the thing is I can not find a general place to have them serviced and repaired. Not that I am looknig for parts...Hey, we all have some dumb things happen to these wonderful watches, but where can we have them fixed..???

Here is one Example:

142_zps68e71648.jpg

Can you see where the 12:00 went...LOL

R3DUL

I see where your coming from lol, I'm the same but need to add pictures once I've worked that out.

mongaus

local indies tend to be fairly happy to work on replicas. There's one in a supermarket chain locally to me with a larger shop in a shopping arcade in nearest city. I asked him just yesterday if he'd be happy to repair a replica, and he said "everyone has to make a living, if you supply parts or I can get them, I'll do whatever I can to help."

R3DUL

What's indies?

ShadyBrady68

There are so manty experts on the subject of REPS...so I can only hallucinate that there has to be at least One that can guide me/us in the right direction.

Tits McGee

If you're in the US try 1010 Watch repair. He's a TD here listed below.

mongaus

What's indies?

Independants.

Apologies, it's a term I use a lot in the automotive trade, it's someone who's not tied in to a franchised dealership. So in this case, and independant watch person.

R3DUL

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm like a sponge at the moment ....

ShadyBrady68

If you're in the US try 1010 Watch repair. He's a TD here listed below.

Yes I am and thank you.

myaz

1010 had a waiting list last I checked but if that's not a problem, he's hard to beat and is my go to US-super-watch-repair-guy. Pressing that seconds hand back in place on that AP is very doable if you have an inkling to tinker with watches. Main heads up here is that them thin seconds hands are very very very easy to mangle, handle with care.

TheInthusiest

You can always send them to me.

But dont expect them back. hehe

ShadyBrady68

1010 had a waiting list last I checked but if that's not a problem, he's hard to beat and is my go to US-super-watch-repair-guy. Pressing that seconds hand back in place on that AP is very doable if you have an inkling to tinker with watches. Main heads up here is that them thin seconds hands are very very very easy to mangle, handle with care.

Thanks, I also need it to be water tested...I don't believe in wearing a Rep that you can not swim with...

myaz

Chrono pushers make water resistance dicey. You might want to consider a rep with a screw-in crown, like a sub, etc, for swimming and stuff. These can routinely pass 3ATM. Chronos with multiple seals have a higher chance of failing due to aging even though they pass an initial test.

Jacksongo

There is a thread on RG about rep friendly watch smiths... That might be helpful...