Sign in to follow this  
Del

First purchase

Del

After nearly throwing my money away on a scammer site :Doh:, I've been on this forum for a couple of days reading up and getting good advice from you guys :). So, I've dipped my toe in the water and ordered a Rolex Daytona from Lawrence at HoS - went for the s/s version with white face (it's not unlike my avatar....... :D). I liked the 2-tone with silver face but was concerned that the gold plating would wear off so played it safe for now.

Lawrence has been superb, responding to my questions immediately and advising on the process - I just hope delivery goes smoothly and the watch is ok when it arrives. Cannae wait :Jumpy: .

Silverspeed

Congrats on your first purchase....very nice choice!

Ska

nice one del!

Thats gonna be one hell of a watch. Just make sure you post some photos once it arrives!

cos

:)

Del
Thats gonna be one hell of a watch. Just make sure you post some photos once it arrives!

cos

:)

Don't you worry - there will be photos galore :D .

dingle

congrats Del. can't wait to see those pics. :)

KBH

Stunning watch and a very good replica.

It has been suggested by the experts that you don't use the chrono function a lot and when you do, let the second hand get real close to 12 before you hit the reset button. When it swings back to the 12 position the hand sometimes moves on the post from the centrifugal force and end up not resetting properly to 12. This applies to both gens and reps. It sounded like good advice to me but you can take it or leave it as you wish.

Del
Stunning watch and a very good replica.

It has been suggested by the experts that you don't use the chrono function a lot and when you do, let the second hand get real close to 12 before you hit the reset button. When it swings back to the 12 position the hand sometimes moves on the post from the centrifugal force and end up not resetting properly to 12. This applies to both gens and reps. It sounded like good advice to me but you can take it or leave it as you wish.

Thanks - the advice given on here has been first class so I will certainly take this on board. :)

pinkyw

Hi Del

Lawrence has also sent a watch out to me today as the first one i ordered from home was stopped at customs his end. He has responded quickly to my emails and sent a replacement, let us know when you receive your watch and i'll post when i get mine i'm based in UK.

Donna

Del
Hi Del

Lawrence has also sent a watch out to me today as the first one i ordered from home was stopped at customs his end. He has responded quickly to my emails and sent a replacement, let us know when you receive your watch and i'll post when i get mine i'm based in UK.

Donna

Hi Donna - thanks for your post. I'll let you know how I get on with my order - I've not had notification yet that it has been posted by Lawrence.

How did you know your parcel got stopped at his end?

Del

pinkyw

HI Del

Lawrence sent an email with the tracking number on, but i was having trouble tracking it. After about a week lawrence sent me an email saying he had some bad news and the parcel had been stopped his end!!! so he sent me a replacement out on thurs /fri. from the feedback i have received on this forum it is very rare for this to happen so im not really sure what happened, but I have another watch on the way and to give lawrence his dues he has always replyed to emails quickly i have noticed if i send an email to him in the morning he normally replys between 1-3am the following morning I dont know whether this is because of the time difference. Will keep you posted on my watched journey!!!

Donna

Del

Thanks Donna. Yes, Lawrence replies to emails very quickly.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your watch when you get it!

pinkyw

Hi

I have a new tracking no from Lawrence for my second watch, Ive been on to www.pos.com.my to track it and its comes up NOT EXISTED. Does this mean he has given me the wrong number or something else!!! can anybody help

thanks

Donna

pollux1
Hi

I have a new tracking no from Lawrence for my second watch, Ive been on to www.pos.com.my to track it and its comes up NOT EXISTED. Does this mean he has given me the wrong number or something else!!! can anybody help

thanks

Donna

Sometimes the tracking doesn't show, it's weird but your watch will arrive. It's hard to be patient though!

pinkyw

Hi

Well my Rolex watch turned up today which was quicker than I expected!!! Lawrence posted on the 5th July so it hasent taken that long. The watch is absolutely fine and just as in the picture, Lawrence had taken out some of the links which i asked him to and sent me the spares.

Couple of questions

1) I have a green holographic sticker on the back of the watch should i take this off ? and if so what should be underneath?

2 ) I have unscrewed the pin the wind it up and change the date, can someone confirm which way you should wind is it clockwise or anti clockwise and how many times.

3) if you wear the watch on a daily basis how often should you need to wind it up.

I think thats all my questions, thanks for all you help in advance.

Photos to follow!!!!

Donna

greg_r
Hi

Well my Rolex watch turned up today which was quicker than I expected!!! Lawrence posted on the 5th July so it hasent taken that long. The watch is absolutely fine and just as in the picture, Lawrence had taken out some of the links which i asked him to and sent me the spares.

Couple of questions

1) I have a green holographic sticker on the back of the watch should i take this off ? and if so what should be underneath?

2 ) I have unscrewed the pin the wind it up and change the date, can someone confirm which way you should wind is it clockwise or anti clockwise and how many times.

3) if you wear the watch on a daily basis how often should you need to wind it up.

Photos to follow!!!!

Donna

1. Whether you leave it or take it off doesn't matter. They usually come off on their own after a while. Underneath is the back ;)

2. ALL watches wind clockwise, however your watch is automatic, so you shouldn't need to wind it manually. Just give it a quick 'swirl' and wear it - normal movement should keep it wound.

3. You don't - see answer 2

Enjoy! :D

dingle

pinky--Nice to see you received your watch ;)

enjoy :D

Luthier

Here's how we shoot the watches, Donna - first shot - the watch on the belly. Second shot - somewhere above previous shot. Third - a part of the hip, thong, and the wrist near this spot. Fourth - same shot, but without thong, and keep the wrist kinda away...

Rest - we trust to your fantasy...

:D

Del
Hi

Couple of questions

Photos to follow!!!!

Donna

Glad to hear your watch arrived ok. Are you happy with it?

I'm still waiting for mine from Lawrence but don't expect it until next week, although I've got another one from Narikaa on it's way too :popcorn: .

pinkyw

Hi Del

Yes i'm very happy with the watch, i'm already looking for another one on this site. Let me know how you get on.

Donna :tease:

GC

welcome to the insanity that we call rep collecting!

Del
Hi Del

Yes i'm very happy with the watch, i'm already looking for another one on this site. Let me know how you get on.

Donna :)

That's great Donna - I'm looking forward to receiving my watch from Lawrence, hopefully next week. I'll let you know what it's like.

I received the noobmariner LV from Narikaa today - it's freakin' awesome :o ! (See my pics the other thread clicky)

Del

My Daytona arrived today from Lawrence - it is beautiful! It took a bit longer to arrive than expected due to a post issue but Lawrence sorteded that out. I'm over the moon :D!

Some quick photos - what do you think?

P8033252.jpg

P8033266.jpg

P8033262.jpg

P8033261.jpg

P8033250v2.jpg

How good does that look! ;)

AllergyDoc

Other than the dorky engraving on the back it looks cool. Such a classy design.

Del
Other than the dorky engraving on the back it looks cool. Such a classy design.

Yeah, wasn't sure what was meant to be on the back but since I don't wear my watch inside out I guess it doesn't matter that much :D.

Cheers,

Del

MikeMcNair

When won as a prize for the race, the engraving on the back is quite an honor IMO, I think the whole package looks great!