Sign in to follow this  
Jonnybaws

Hello, Name Is Jonnybaws (isn't really...) and I'm an idiot!

black263

Yea Johnnybaws...i think your going to fit in just fine here. :) Welcome aboard the Tatanic...

Don't you mean the Titinac?

YaYoGakk

Yea Johnnybaws...i think your going to fit in just fine here. :) Welcome aboard the Tatanic...

Don't you mean the Titinac?

Putting the tatas in Titanic

Jonnybaws

Hello..

Following watch on wrist..

IMG_20131114_103429.jpg

Issue (most likely with me rather than the watch, please note thread title!)

T'is new, out of box today, I assume it needs a good old wind up? but for how long and when will I know I shouldn't wind it up anymore?

Thank you...

I am the Idiot that has lost his Village!

BigsCG

after winding 3 times, it should start up. you will notice the crown get stiffer the more you wind. some say wind all the way, others say wind about half to preserve the spring. that's a good looking watch you've got there. impressed w/ the rep strap too. congrats.

Jonnybaws

after winding 3 times, it should start up. you will notice the crown get stiffer the more you wind. some say wind all the way, others say wind about half to preserve the spring. that's a good looking watch you've got there. impressed w/ the rep strap too. congrats.

Thanks, gave it a wind until I felt a bit of a springing back sensation (is that good/bad/expected), after that, I stopped winding it..

It starts OK, just seems to (for now) stop working after a two+ hours..

onionbag

Your 111 is a handwind (not automatic) movement. Wind until you feel resistance then stop. Should be good for 40 hrs or so.

kamikaze06

Welcome Jonny. I just wanted one decent replica watch, found it and even better in the flesh than in the picture, in a manner of speaking.

Now I become restless again and having found free gold [with my metal detector], I must go forth again and pick over more yummy watches.

Now hold the line and if you feel a cool breeze on your face and a class replica watch on your wrist, you are in elysium.

Hope your learn plenty and make a good purchase :giggle: :giggle:

YaYoGakk

Watch looks great!

Jonnybaws

Your 111 is a handwind (not automatic) movement. Wind until you feel resistance then stop. Should be good for 40 hrs or so.

Ta :D

Jonnybaws

Welcome Jonny. I just wanted one decent replica watch, found it and even better in the flesh than in the picture, in a manner of speaking.

Now I become restless again and having found free gold [with my metal detector], I must go forth again and pick over more yummy watches.

Now hold the line and if you feel a cool breeze on your face and a class replica watch on your wrist, you are in elysium.

Hope your learn plenty and make a good purchase :giggle: :giggle:

Too late.. I've been bitten bad!

I'd be very surprised (and disappointed in myself), if I don't have watch number two on the way by start of next week..

Watch looks great!

Most kind sir :D

black263

As has been said, wind gently until you feel resistance (you nicely described it as a springing back sensation).. Then stop. I am in the habit of winding mine each evening when I am wearing it. When it is watch box time, while something else is on the wrist, I just leave it to run down and stop.