Sign in to follow this  
rolex_gbg

Anyone tried this watch lume and were you satisfied with the results?

rolex_gbg

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this watch lume, and if so, were you satisfied with the results?

KIT-BASIC.jpg

Edited by rolex_gbg

JohnPilot

Yep I have it, its a great lume at a good price. I took the whole package and didn't regret. Best is green and blue from lumepower.

Just take care to very very carefully mix the glowing powder with the binder. So you will get an even glow.

trailboss99

Sorry John but it's shit, any of the coated lumes that can be used with water based binders are. If you think that crap is good lume you have never used good lume.

Why buy elsewhere when you can buy top quality lume on the RWG Shop?

http://shop.homage-w...iewCat&catId=34

10:10 Watch Repair

I agree with Trailboss 100%

It's good for practice, but that's about it.

elp

I bought and don't think it's great, or at least the result wasn't great (could be my fault for not being experienced with the stuff). Going to keep it for kids' craft activities or you can make me an offer :lol:

trailboss99

kid's craft is all it's good for TBH. The guy selling that shit as suitable for watches needs to be shot.

Odyseus

Yep pile of shit!!

rolex_gbg

Okay guys thanks for your advice, you have saved my day. Do you know any good blue watch lume available on ebay.

WebWind
Okay guys thanks for your advice, you have saved my day. Do you know any good blue watch lume available on ebay.

Want very good blue lume? Buy one from RWG shop ;)

<RJ>

Dont rwg shop have blue powders?

rolex_gbg

Dont rwg shop have blue powders?

They have blue powders but what else do I need, binder?

Odyseus

The RWG shop must sell binder ? If not you can excellent lume, binders etc from Watchlume.net

rolex_gbg

The RWG shop must sell binder ? If not you can excellent lume, binders etc from Watchlume.net

Shop a little bit there and little there I want to avoid. Therefore, I asked for some good ebay sellers who sell complete package with everything. :thumbsup2:

Odyseus

Shop a little bit there and little there I want to avoid. Therefore, I asked for some good ebay sellers who sell complete package with everything. :thumbsup2:

In that case try watchlume.net (they are actually a TD on RWI BTW) as they also sell starter kits, lume, binder etc

<RJ>

In that case try watchlume.net (they are actually a TD on RWI BTW) as they also sell starter kits, lume, binder etc

As far as i know you can use various chemicals like varnish for example as binder. If you dont want to take it to the next step and make/use your own binder i recommend the above also. You can get different binders from watchlume and powders from rwg.. i have. not intentionally though since i bought from watchlume and have binder left from that purcase and make it more by adding thinner. It works good for me.

If you want to go all the way go tritec! they sell complete sets for outrageous prices.

twofake

My two cents worth.

The watchlume.com is , as others describe, sort of shit.

Too grainy and the binder is dull, matt and like polishing a turd.

Tritec is really good and expensive . Comparing the two, the Tritec would cost almost double BUT you get maybe 20 times LESS but the result is 20 times better.

The RWG shop stuff sounds good but I have not tried it... Yet.

twofake

Everyone needs to compare the final lume to a set standard.

IMO get out your Seiko and if the lume gets close to that, then you are in business !

trailboss99

Na, binder is volatile and therefore illegal to ship via airmail.

Our lume comes with suggestion as to binder, I use Floquil model railroad clear coat in either gloss or matt depending on what effect I'm after but any model clear works well. You need to use a clear without UV screeners in it for best results.

If you can find a better lume for less that 20 times the price I'll refund your money! Our lume has few equals and only one better and Tritec is $80 a gram. Ours is under $3 a gram.

JSJ

I'm going to have a go at reluming a couple of cheapos which have arrived.

I sent a couple of orders to the RWG shop yesterday but I haven't heard back yet. I am not sure if I'm missing something. Checked my spam box.

How can I reach someone please?

Or maybe I just need more patience :P . Could be. It's not my strong point :giggle:.

twofake

I sent a couple of orders to the RWG shop yesterday but I haven't heard back yet. I am not sure if I'm missing something. Checked my spam box.

Or maybe I just need more patience :P . Could be. It's not my strong point :giggle:.

It took me a while to work it out but you place the order, wait a few days and then an email arrives with added calculated postage costs. Unfortunately you should not reply with any questions as that delays the order.

If you are happy with the price , just pay and then you receive another email confirming payment.

They then email to tell when the package is processing.

Mine should arrive today ... I hope.

Watch luming is fiddly but the result can be worth all the time and money. Good luck.

JSJ

Thanks very much twofake. Sounds like I need more patience.

I'll wait. The guys are doing is a big favour anyway.

twofake

If you plan to work on a lot of lume work the Tritec superluminova is great but costly.

jgoorn

RWG lume is pretty close to the best LUME. Tritec is GREAT, but crazy expensive. RWG is a close second.

trailboss99

Just checked for you, the shop sent you a reply last night. You were asked to make a single order out of the three you sent to avoid confusion.

JSJ

Thanks trailboss. I just checked for it and found it. Appreciate your help.