Sign in to follow this  
kime

What would you do.. Back to China or Pay for Repair

kime

Got a PAM 127 Noob delivered... looks good but turn it on its face and the movement stops after 15 seconds in fact it slows in any position other than face up. So I face that most annoying of conundrums... send back to China with 2 month turnaround and risk of loss/customs or pay someone (probably 150UD) to look at it in t UK (if I can find someone). Annoying as the TD in question did not send QC pics and just sent the watches. The other one has the wrong strap but I can live with that.

So what would you do?

greg_r

Last time this happened to me I sent it to UK Watch Services (UKwatchservices - he's a trusted watchsmith next door). He did a great job, it cost under $100 and the watch (B&R BR01) now runs perfectly having had a full service. Was worth every penny.

Serge D

Just service the movement, i assume you want to keep the watch. Sounds like a minor issue, but im no expert. I have shipped stuff back to china a few times, and it does take a few months to get the item back, plus there is no guarantee nothing will happen to it in transit. 6497 is a very popular movement, you can try a reputable local watchsmith, just dont mention its a rep.

Serge.

P4GTR

7 years of this shit now, so.. I learned how to work on watches myself.

Wriggles

Agree with the above, and mention it to the TD they may offer to cover part of the cost or a discount on the next order

Mechwarrior

Repair imho