Sign in to follow this  
Runner123

your-trusty-time.com is it a scammer?

Runner123

Hi all!

Is there anyone here at RWG who have knowledge and experience with "your-trusty-time.com"?

I have unfortunately just been to fast on the trigger. I ordered a watch and the money is paid, but I regret and will cancel the deal, because I'm not sure if they are reliable?

Before I contact my bank to get my money back (paid by visa), I will try to get some knowledge from you here at RWG.........

trailboss99

Yep, a clone of the real TT. I would not trust them as far as I can throw them.

Runner123

Thank you trailboss99

And in addition all images are Trusty Time watermarked...

black263

Thank you trailboss99

Many of the scammers copy genuine website pictures with Trusted Dealer watermarks to make it seem more real. And then use web addresses similar to the genuine dealers.

Runner123

Hello again

You must excuse me, but I very much doubt if I may continue the trade in "your-trusty-time.com."

I have written to someone named Vicky, who keeps trying to get me to continue trading with them. Here is her latest email:

Dear # # # #

Could you offer us a chance to do business with you.

If you dialike our watches, kan return it for refund.

But we will try our best two offer you the best quality with best service.

We också doing business for long and this is också our website.

www.eta911.net

We are looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

Vicky

On the one hand, they have not had a chance to deliver watches to me, and on the other hand, I am afraid to trust them after reading about scammer websites here on RWG.

What would your advice be? ...and what about www.eta911.net ?

I am very confused and do not know what to do. Please help?

Pharmo

do not trust time.

Higs

My advice would be to cancel your order and get your money back (if you can).

Then read here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

Before buying from one of the TDs on this list: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60

BentleySharp

Hello again

You must excuse me, but I very much doubt if I may continue the trade in "your-trusty-time.com."

I have written to someone named Vicky, who keeps trying to get me to continue trading with them. Here is her latest email:

Dear # # # #

Could you offer us a chance to do business with you.

If you dialike our watches, kan return it for refund.

But we will try our best two offer you the best quality with best service.

We också doing business for long and this is också our website.

www.eta911.net

We are looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

Vicky

On the one hand, they have not had a chance to deliver watches to me, and on the other hand, I am afraid to trust them after reading about scammer websites here on RWG.

What would your advice be? ...and what about www.eta911.net ?

STOP YOUR TRANSACTION WITH THESE PEOPLE IMMEDIATELY!

that would be my advice.

There are sooo many scam sites out there it's just hard to know which ones are legit an which one's will just take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.

It's hard to know, that is, if there weren't a Trusted Dealer list on our forum.

Take a look there, read the instructions on how to conduct a transaction, then feel free to do business, But only with the dealers on the TD (Trusted Dealer) list, if you want to be safe and have some security in your transaction.

By the way, the website you have contacted is made to look like one of our Trusted Dealer's websites but is run by someone whom is unknown to us at RWG.

Thank you trailboss99

Many of the scammers copy genuine website pictures with Trusted Dealer watermarks to make it seem more real. And then use web addresses similar to the genuine dealers.

I know it's confusing, but only use the links provided in our Trusted Dealer (TD) list to be safe.

Please read the "welcoming the noobs 101" thread. It will explain everything you need to know.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Runner123

<p>Hi Higs and BentleySharp</p>

<p> </p>

<p>My problem is that I made the order before I became aware of this forum.</p>

<p> </p>

<div>Now I know it was stupid.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Unfortunately, the money was paid. I sent 3-4 mails where I undo the order. But they continue to write back to me to give them a chance.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>The problem with getting money back, is that I can only cancel the deal if they do not send me the item, or I may refuse receipt of the goods. This according to the bank.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>In my case, I regretted the deal before they sent the item to me. So I am in their hands unfortunately. It is entirely up to them whether they want to send money back to me.</div>

Runner123

It's all about $383 :-(

BentleySharp

<p>Hi Higs and BentleySharp</p>

<p> </p>

<p>My problem is that I made the order before I became aware of this forum.</p>

<p> </p>

<div>Now I know it was stupid.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Unfortunately, the money was paid. I sent 3-4 mails where I undo the order. But they continue to write back to me to give them a chance.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>The problem with getting money back, is that I can only cancel the deal if they do not send me the item, or I may refuse receipt of the goods. This according to the bank.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>In my case, I regretted the deal before they sent the item to me. So I am in their hands unfortunately. It is entirely up to them whether they want to send money back to me.</div>

It's all about $383 :-(

Well Runner123. Seems like you will just have to wait, and hope that they actually send you a watch...I know it suck, because you spent so much money.

But, Not all of the sites out there will just take your money. Some wont send you anything, Some of them send you something(but not what you ordered, usually a cheaper product), And yet still, some might actually send you the watch that you paid for. You'll just have to wait and see at this point, it seems.

Everything might still turn out ok, so don't get too upset.

If nothing else, take this as a learning experience.

Many people get scammed or ripped off once or twice before they find the RWG forum.

I was literally seconds away from sending about $350 to some website called swissultimate before i just happened to run across a google search result with an RWG post in it. How lucky i was.

So, just wait. See what happens. If you want to use the RWG dealer's services in the meantime, go ahead. If you wanna wait and see what happens with this other website, that's fine too (but i wouldn't hold your breath).

If you actually do get a watch from these people, You should post pictures of it here at RWG so we can see the type of watches that they are sending people over there. I am (and i imagine other people here too) would like to see it.

Sorry that happened to you.

In the meantime, Enjoy the forum.

Runner123

Thank you BentleySharp :thumbsup2::Praying:

onionbag

How did you pay?

Pob

Hope for the best, plan for the worst!

But now that you found us you're safe ;) Your next buy will be a great watch from one of our TDs.

Runner123

How did you pay?

I paid with my visa card .....