Sign in to follow this  
hickeym

First purchase.......

hickeym

Hello all this is my first post so go easy on me please ;)

I'm not only a newbie to this site but I'm also new to the passion of replica watches, what can I say I'm currently hooked and over the past couple of weeks I've been attached to the RWG forum. Like many others I nearly ordered from UKReplicawatches.com so a big thank you to guys and RWG for making me aware!

I've taken a shine to a HOS watch the ROLEX PERPETUAL DAYTONA 7750, ITEM NO. SWDAYT 018. I've done plenty of research and the only thing that's stopping me placing that order is the uncertainty of reliability. I wouldn't want a bad experience ending my new passion before it's had time to blossom B)

Can anyone offer any advise? I find myself constantly checking my wrist imagining what a rep would look like on it,,, I need to order a rep soon it's driving me crazy :thumbsup:

(background) - I've gone for the Daytona because I wanted a smallish watch, I can't find anything else like this maybe someone with more experience has some other suggestions...

Finally - Thanks for any help

greg_r

The Daytona rep has - historically - not been the most reliable watch in the world. The problem with this particular model is that the A7750 movement has to be modified to have the seconds subdial at 6. This means added complications to the movement, which increases drag and has been known to cause issues.

However, the good news is that the latest versions are much improved over what was shipping a year ago. Whilst going for a vintage style seconds@9 Daytona is still the safest bet, the seconds@6 model seems to be a lot less of a problem than it used to be. You may find yourself needing to get it serviced pretty regularly, but beyond that you should be okay. Lawrence (HOS) offers just about the best guarantee in the rep business anyhow.

There used to be a time when we'd tend to recommend against buying the Daytona, but these days - provided you are aware of the issues - it's less of a worry.