Sign in to follow this  
Arism

Two new watches for two important ladies!

Arism

G'day RWG! :)

Haven't posted much recently due to a hectic work schedule but hopefully that will begin to change.

Work has rostered me with a lot of international sectors lately, which means a lot of time away from family but has given me the chance to shop around for watches during our crew layovers.

Christmas is around the corner so I thought I'd have a look for watches for two important ladies in my life; my mum and my missus.

Both these lovely ladies have similar tastes and both coincidently have the same watch; the Longines Grande Classique L4.209.4.87.6 (Silver dial stick markers and mother of pearl dial diamond markers respectively)

L4.209.4.87.6.jpg

La Grande Classique de Longines with mother of pearl dial and diamond markers

While out on a layover in Hong Kong, I walked into the Rolex boutique to see what I could find them. The only thing I found were the atonishing(not in a good way) prices for their ladies pieces. Some of them were more expensive than the mens models!(A two-tone rose gold ladies 27mm datejust comes to mind... $16,000!)

Had a look at some of their more affordable models but thought they looked too sporty for mum and my missus(Though I have caught the missus wearing my 1016 on the rare occasions that it gets left in the watch box).

I thanked the sales assistant and left empty handed knowing that if I was to go home with two watches; pre-owned was the way to go. One of my cabin crew has a love for watches too and recommended some watch shops in town. After a quick lunch, off we went.

After looking through a few shops, I finally found the watches I was after.

Both are Rolex, Model No.69173 - 26mm Ladies Datejust. Both Two-tone, one with diamond dial the other with stick markers. Quick-set movement and jubilee bracelet with all links. All for 1/3 of the price of that ladies datejust at the Rolex boutique. That's $4000 for both!

They both came with boxes, though the diamond dial did not have papers like the stick dial.

I was a bit cautious about such a low price, so after I paid the owner of the shop let me go back to the Rolex AD to have them authenticated. A full refund was agreed if anything was amiss (all caught on video from my crew's mobile).

The watchsmith at the AD opened them up and gave me the all clear and I was chuffed to bits. Very pleased with my purchase and looking forward to surprising my two lovely ladies!

Enough with my ramblings, on to the pics!

null_zps8e29fa9c.jpg

Both boxes in pretty good condition, the outer cardboard boxes as well. Excuse my prehistoric work-provided computer.

null_zps1b16e8b0.jpg

The watches. Stick dial for my missus and diamond dial for mum.

null_zps7c1f1645.jpg

Stick dial 69173 with newer "No holes" case.

null_zpse940cdd8.jpg

Slightly older according to the serial number, holes on lugs case.

With any luck, they will be pleased as I am and in turn allow me to keep buying more watches without too much opposition :Whistle::lol:

Thanks for reading!

solkryssare

That's some gifts! You're a good man :)

Pharmo

Very nice - and very considerate to get for both. :)

jard89

Nice, now I want to marry you!

Arism

Cheers fellas :)

simey83

Gorgeous mate! Well done :)

ramirr

Can I be your mistress! Lol! Which watch sop did you go? Nice buy!