Sign in to follow this  
BentleySharp

Another Ebay Fakeroo?? Burberry Britain. You decide.

BentleySharp

The Burberry Britain.

I rather like the Britain. Especially the Chronograph Model.

The Burberry Britain usually sells for around $1200+ with used watches coming in around $1000.

Something just struck me as off about this post.

Maybe It's the plastic wrapped around the case. The same plastic I've had wrapped around all my reps when they arrive from the dealer.

Maybe It's because it's labeled "New In Box" then later in the description stated it's pre-owned and vintage.

Maybe It's the poor english.

Maybe It's how they won't ship to Italy, Russia, Indonesia, or Brazil.

Maybe It's how stated later on in the description that the "head" is claimed to be a genuine burberry watch but the strap is not burberry (we all know that rep straps are obviously poorly made).

I also went to their outside of ebay website called vintagewatchland.com and it looks suspiciously like a shady operation. a corny looking, poorly constructed and poorly planned website selling $15,000 - $20,000 watches.

Could be legit...but it just seems too fishy to me.

What do you think?

Here's the questionable Ebay sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-In-Box-Burberry-The-Britain-BBY1501-38mm-Quartz-Mens-Watch-MSRP-/181256262649?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2a33b713f9

Here's their questionable website:

http://www.vintagewatchland.com/

BentleySharp

By the way.

Want to add one thing.

The Ebay seller's Ebay store is called the "Equipland Group" who sell some small electronics but mostly watches. They claim to have offices in USA, Hong Kong, and China....just saying.

If this is a replica then chances are all or most of the watches in the "Equipland Group" Ebay store are not to be trusted as gens either.

diegosaenz

Wouldn't pay 50 bucks for a gen of those.

Rockzz22

Hey Bentley think you may be right but I'm no expert

James.

quartz aquanaut rip-off. Pass regardless of whether it's authentic or fake. BTW, really strange website, listing $400 Seikos next to $10,000+ PP's.

stormtooper4

I think its gen , come on they aint that bad , very Genta like

$(KGrHqJHJB!FI8zEoeM5BSVOeenMEw~~60_12.JPG

The PR version is Panerai 028 ish

Burberry-Britain-Watches-15.jpg

Edited by stormtooper4

nunu78

+1

DG335

Who cars. I'd be worried if you bought the rep never mind the gen

BentleySharp

Who cars. I'd be worried if you bought the rep never mind the gen

+1

quartz aquanaut rip-off. Pass regardless of whether it's authentic or fake. BTW, really strange website, listing $400 Seikos next to $10,000+ PP's.

Ok. I think everyone might have kind of missed the point of this thread...This is posted in the "scams" section. Not the "do you like this or would you buy it" section.

Calling all Horological Detectives. Is this Ebay seller trying to pass of Reps as Gens for high dollar price tags?

Higs

Ok. I think everyone might have kind of missed the point of this thread...This is posted in the "scams" section. Not the "do you like this or would you buy it" section.

Calling all Horological Detectives. Is this Ebay seller trying to pass of Reps as Gens for high dollar price tags?

Who cares?

I don't like it, wouldn't buy it and am not responsible for policing Ebay.

simey83
:popcorn:

BentleySharp

Who cares?

I don't like it, wouldn't buy it and am not responsible for policing Ebay.

:facepalm:

greg_r

My default position on ebay is to assume its fake unless the dealer has an unimpeachable reputation. Especially with fashion watches such as this...

Agreed, this character looks dodgy.

BentleySharp

thanks greg.

Yea, Sorry everybody. I had seen MANY other posts where someone notices a replica being sold as a gen on Ebay, Posts it here at RWG, people discuss whether or not it is gen or rep, And if it is discovered to be a rep, The seller or ebay is contacted (usually by the OP) about the indescretion.

Sorry, I didn't realize that these type of posts were only aplicable to the "Popular" watches. Sorry.

Next time I see a watch i'm interested in buying, and it's not a "popular" brand, I'll just keep it to myself.

Sorry......................Sorry again.

:facepalm:

DG335

Ha, no keep going BS. You need a thick skin here but choose your subject matter and battles that can be won....To be honest I cant be arsed to scour ebay to help under preapred buyers..thats ebays job!

I'm with Greg, assume all ebay stuff is dodgy unless you know them or its an AD trading through ebay