Sign in to follow this  
mjmayerman

What do I do now what goes into picking a watch?.

mjmayerman

I have read the newbies 101 and now I sort of have a better idea, I am going to place a order through silix prime but first I have no clue were to research what type of watches would suit me in general?

dingle

get what ever catches your eye

elp

I have read the newbies 101 and now I sort of have a better idea, I am going to place a order through silix prime but first I have no clue were to research what type of watches would suit me in general?

Get 20 different ones, sell the 19 that don't suit you on M2M, repeat. Thanks in advance.

trksh-bzr

I know a guy who loves watches. he looks kindda like that fat mayor of toronto. he wears a date just. loves it to death!

what watch suits who? dunno. we don't really need watches, we only want them to satisfy something in us. need to flaunt. need to feel good about it for yourself. (insert more reasons here)

basically, what was considered a big mans watch 15 years ago, is a toddler watch by many watch collectors standards today.

there's no telling you what you ned, or should want, or what is right for you.

you'll probably end up loving pams or rolies, but this place allows to experiment more.

good luck on the journey....

NFleischer

Welcome. Actually that's 1 area where reading up can't help you very much. YOU have to decide what fits you. A lot is common sense,

for example if you're a High School Senior, I wouldn't recommend a Solid Gold/Diamond Patek Philippe watch. A Tag may be more 'suitable'.

Frankt8242

Do what we all did...Buy a crummy Rolex Sub.....Then grow from there....Why should you be any more privleged than me...??? :giggle: :giggle:

And....Welcome to the nut house!! :help3: :help3:

cuddilyteddy

Spend a while browsing what is offered, and when you see something that has to be on your wrist you'll know. The process is almost as fun as getting, wearing the watch...

BentleySharp

What? We covered this in your last thread...Let me refresh your memory since you have forgotten since..:looking at watch: 4 hours ago or so...

But I am not sure what watch I want any suggestions?

That question, my friend, is one that nobody can answer for you. You have to figure that out yourself.

Read Read Read Read Read Read Read. And Research Research Research Research.

You'll figure it out.

find a watch that speaks to you. One that expresses your attitude and personality. One that really calls out to you.

That's one of the beautiful things about rep collecting. You can find the watch that is really a reflection of your inner nature and compliments your asthetic style, but not have to worry about the price tag being $40,000 out of your budget.

I thought i had a fairly eloquent answer to that question...guess not.

sooooooo....you just want someone to tell you what to buy?

how about this?

1239400d1380738527-yeesh-warning-may-cause-gastrointestinal-distress-3.jpg

Or this?

166362d1235914725-ugly-watch-thread-sportsutilitywatch_small.jpg

Oooooooooooo This is nice...

BigWatch3.jpg

Maybe something a little more classic... Something that says "Style" with a capitol G:

51Dm15eQBYL._SL500_.jpg

Enjoy!

mjmayerman
What? We covered this in your last thread...Let me refresh your memory since you have forgotten since..:looking at watch: 4 hours ago or so...

But I am not sure what watch I want any suggestions?

That question, my friend, is one that nobody can answer for you. You have to figure that out yourself.

Read Read Read Read Read Read Read. And Research Research Research Research.

You'll figure it out.

find a watch that speaks to you. One that expresses your attitude and personality. One that really calls out to you.

That's one of the beautiful things about rep collecting. You can find the watch that is really a reflection of your inner nature and compliments your asthetic style, but not have to worry about the price tag being $40,000 out of your budget.

I thought i had a fairly eloquent answer to that question...guess not.

sooooooo....you just want someone to tell you what to buy?

how about this?

1239400d1380738527-yeesh-warning-may-cause-gastrointestinal-distress-3.jpg

Or this?

166362d1235914725-ugly-watch-thread-sportsutilitywatch_small.jpg

Oooooooooooo This is nice...

BigWatch3.jpg

Maybe something a little more classic... Something that says "Style" with a capitol G:

51Dm15eQBYL._SL500_.jpg

Enjoy!

No I just don't know where to look!

BentleySharp

No I just don't know where to look!

:picard: I really hope you are joking.

... just checked out silex's economy rolex amazing prices!, ...

Have you found Narikaa's section here?

here's his section-

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...p?showforum=103

So if I was going to buy through narikaa what steps do I take?

If you want cheap watch at reasonable quality, I recommend start at M2M section. The previous owner will do the qc for you.

Silix bargain follies are good for starters.I still have one going strong after 3 years!

Just to add, Narikaa is a great choice for someone starting out - the perfect seller for noobs! Good luck and let us know what you decide on!

Silex offers a good selection of budget reps, but all the dealers offer low-cost versions of the more popular watch designs (Tag Heuer, Rolex, Omega, and others.).

Mr Stubbs

Yikes Bentley, felt like I was on the Watchismo website for a moment! :boxedin:

mjmayerman yesterday you said "I am 16 and want a nice brand watch. I recently bought a replica rolex off of a Chinese site for $95 and it's a piece of junk, the hand always stops moving, and it feels very fake."

I was going to suggest the $75 ROL268 Silix special Submariner until I saw that post. If you want to buy from Silix, you go to www.silix-prime.so and select the "Economy" or "High Quality" or "Specials" links and then just click through the pictures and pages. Just like any other dealer's website. So I don't understand why you are saying "I just don't know where to look".

You give the impression you are looking for something better than you will find on Silix, or any other Trusted Dealer. I'm afraid to recommend anything to you. I think Bentley should be too.

cogwatch

When you see the watch you want, you'll know ;)

Word of advice, browse these threads rather than the TD sites, these will give you an impression how they look in real life and on a wrist

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=64588

^^^^^ - This. The wrist check threads are the place to see a large variety of watches and what they really look like in the flesh.

Mr Stubbs

That's what I like about you cw. You're so polite and on topic. :lol:

Jacksongo

Get 20 different ones, sell the 19 that don't suit you on M2M, repeat. Thanks in advance.

sounds crazy but thats pretty much what we all do hahahah buy buy buy, try them on, if we like them its a keeper, if not, you will see them right away on M2M, easy like that...

mjmayerman

What is m2m and how do I get to it

Jacksongo

wait........

is this another "cucumber" like thread??? am I feeding the troll here?

mjmayerman

? Can I just have a link, I am not a troll

BentleySharp

i wanna cry...

mjmayerman

I am doing this on my iphone, it is bery hard to navigate this site

salokiN

mjmayerman, think a little before you ask about every thing.

M2M is short for Member to Member, which is a sales or trade section accessible under the "Trading Zone" section on the main page.

Just in case you don't know how to get to the "Trading Zone", scroll down on the main page and you'll see the "Recent Posts" section, "Watch Reviews & Reference" section, bla bla bla and then you'll get to the "Trading Zone". The first link under that should read "Member To Member Sales: General".

If you still can't find it or "don't know where to look", then I "don't know how" to help you.

PS: I browse the forum all the time on my iPhone and it's no different than browsing it on a computer, really.

Edited by salokiN

James.

I'm starting to think there is a troll at work. No one has started two topics like the OP, got specific answers to the inane questions, and then continued to post needy drivel. Cucumber #2 IMO. Any conf of sock-puppetry from admin?

Rockzz22

I am doing this on my iphone, it is bery hard to navigate this site

your phone has time on it no watch needed lol sorry bad joke I guess

BentleySharp
sock+puppet+.jpg

Jacksongo

IMO based on the new thread he just started, we have a new cucumber here...