thanks for letting me share

GC

Luthier

Enjoyed.

Approved.

Thanked.

:thumbsup:

ebzen02

I need to get me a macro lens...Beautiful pics!! Wow!

Member X

I love this one, very 'architectural' :thumbsup:

IMG_2765APS.jpg

Grymes

GREAT WORK!! :thumbsup:

snabooz
I love this one, very 'architectural' :thumbsup:

IMG_2765APS.jpg

This is great photography, great lighting!

Baldrick

Lovely shots G and from an SD1000, remarkable little camera :thumbsup:

GC
Enjoyed.

Approved.

Thanked.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Luthier!

I need to get me a macro lens...Beautiful pics!! Wow!

Thanks Ebzen, but no need to spend big bucks... I shoot with a P&S.

I love this one, very 'architectural' :rofl:

Much appreciated X

GREAT WORK!! :rofl:

Very kind of you to say, thanks.

This is great photography, great lighting!

I appreciate that very much, thanks.

Lovely shots G and from an SD1000, remarkable little camera :Jumpy:

Thanks Baldrick... and I agree about the camera :Jumpy:

greg_r

Wow - some of your best shots yet. Awesome!!!! :rofl:

GC
Wow - some of your best shots yet. Awesome!!!! :rofl:

Thanks G, to tell the truth this one was more difficult to shoot because it's a "Plain Jane" design coupled with that damn dome crystal... but I'm happy with the results (kind of).

Ska

you are a genius and I salute you. The first person who ever made a pam look like something I'd buy

(And before anyone says anything - YEAH I know its not a Pam but you know what I mean)

GC
you are a genius and I salute you. The first person who ever made a pam look like something I'd buy

(And before anyone says anything - YEAH I know its not a Pam but you know what I mean)

you are too kind mate, I appreciate that very much!

Del

Super photos and a great looking watch too :rofl:. I'm quite into photography (as well as watches ;)) but only recently tried some shots of my watches, none of which looked half as good as your's :frusty:.

dingle

damn. just damn. ;)

GC---what was the name of your camera again? I need to look into getting one of those. I assume if takes great family type pics as well?

graman

That is sexy....mmmmmmmm

Baldrick
but I'm happy with the results (kind of).

You should be absolutely delighted with the results, they are extremely good.

Please don't think this is a criticism, it's not, it's merely my different way of looking at it, have you considered a higher contrast image, a little PS work, sometimes it gives you a different perspective on your work, I took the liberty and I hope you'll forgive me, of adjusting it a little with PS, just to see the difference, I think some people will still prefer the original image, some people may like the higher contrast, hopefully nobody will see it as me trying to demean your work and just as a precursor to a discussion about photography!

Whatever you think, your shots remain very very good.

IMG_2759APS.jpg

Member X

PS is cheating :boobies2::popcorn:

GC
but I'm happy with the results (kind of).

You should be absolutely delighted with the results, they are extremely good.

Please don't think this is a criticism, it's not, it's merely my different way of looking at it, have you considered a higher contrast image, a little PS work, sometimes it gives you a different perspective on your work, I took the liberty and I hope you'll forgive me, of adjusting it a little with PS, just to see the difference, I think some people will still prefer the original image, some people may like the higher contrast, hopefully nobody will see it as me trying to demean your work and just as a precursor to a discussion about photography!

Whatever you think, your shots remain very very good.

Baldrick, I take absolutely no offense. Although I don't mention it often, because I'm no expert at it, I actually use PS to process my shots. I tend to stick to sharpening, manipulating the brightness, dust removal and resizing the image.

Now as you know when manipulating the brightness one can also manipulate the contrast in the same window. I have played around with contrast manipulation but find that it tends to give the image a synthetic/unnatural effect, at least to my eye. I agree it makes the pic pop more, but i find it presents something that is not present in the subject. An example is the altered pic vs the original pic, if you look at the balance wheel in the altered pic the balance wheel looks gold where as in reality and the unaltered pic it is brass colored.

I'm sure there is a 50/50 split as to which pic people will prefer, I guess I just like to keep it more natural looking. Having said that, I do appreciate your suggestion because I'm always looking to better my pics and seeing it through another set of eyes can only add perspective, which can only ever be a positive.

greg_r
PS is cheating :boobies3::popcorn:

Nonsense. PS is no more cheating than good darkroom work was cheating back in the days of film. :boobies2:

I have to say that I agree with GC, though. No disrespect, but Baldrick's image looks over-sharpened to me (something I'm guilty of myself on occasion, I should probably add).

Baldrick

I agree with you, there is a more naive aspect to your photos, which in itself makes the photo more 'charming' shall we say, it's not over produced, even tho' I personally prefer more of the 'pop' factor generally speaking, however I do on a lot of occasions really like a simpler approach, I think a lot has to do with the purpose of the photos., I tend to come at it more from a commercial aspect. JMO.

. No disrespect

None taken Greg, I only adjusted the image to see what difference could be made, not what SHOULD be made! ;)

Baldrick's image looks over-sharpened to me (something I'm guilty of myself on occasion, I should probably add).

Agreed Greg, but it looks over-sharpened because there is a reference standard, if seen in isolation, it probably wouldn't appear that way, it's a lot like art and painting, some people prefer softer palettes such as pastels / Degas et al, whereas some others prefer strong primary colourisation such as Dali , Kandinsky Miro etc. once again JMO

mindvision

Amazing! Is this as good as the 127?

GC