Sign in to follow this  
Goon

Speedmaster strap recommendations

Goon

G'day guys,

My first replica (Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch) purchase arrived yesterday courtesy of Mary from Watch International. Let me just take a moment to say that the transaction went as smoothly as possible and Mary was wonderful to work with and for the most part, answered most of my emails very promptly!

Now to my issue... The watch is a beaut and I couldn't be happier, I feel however the strap somehow feels out of line with the quality of the rest of the watch. With this in mind, I wouldn't mind changing the strap to something a bit more classy. I would like to go for a leather strap, perhaps a textured dark brown or black. Has anyone got any suggestions or seen something that they thought was particularly attractive for the Speedy?

I came across this thread on another forum and there are some nice combinations there! I know it's a bit of a personal taste thing, but I'm keeping an open mind to recommendations. Anything that catches your eye or have you got something else to suggest? Let me know!

EDIT: While I'm at it, the distance between the lugs measures 20mm. Should one get a strap that measures exactly that width or should one get a thinner (19mm for example) to ensure that it fits?

Edited by Goon

Goon

I admit a black Hirsch Principal strap is looking like a winner right now! Thanks speedz! Anyone else?